My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, May 1, 2023

Online Identity Impersonation

OIG Hotline, please be informed that it appears that FBI affiliates have undertaken online impersonation efforts through an idle gmail account "Ellen Canterbury."  This account may have been originally established years ago when I posted reviews on Yelp and wished to do so without using my author name. (Publishers used to be fairly strict about the use of author names in such settings.) However, it has been idle for at least ten years.  Now, I am receiving emails forwarded to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com, indicating that "Ellen Canterbury" is an alumni of Texas Women's University, and further, that she is making certain unknown purchases.

Beyond this, I am receiving emails forwarded to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com from an "Oscar Greenway," an alias my stalker has used in the past.

I am concerned about this fraudulent activity.  

I hesitate to attempt to access the "Ellen Canterbury" gmail account or to try to cancel it, as it's likely safer not to have any association with this account at this time.  Further, the current fraudulent activity could provide your Office with useful evidence in the future.

Thank you for allowing me to document this concern.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment