My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, May 26, 2023

Notification from Google Indicating Likely IP Address Appropriation

OIG Hotline investigators, please be apprised of this notification, which I received from Google this morning upon signing onto Wifi and my blog:

For ease of reading, I include the transcribed text of this message below:

Our systems has detected unusual traffic from your computer network.  This page checks to see if it's really you sending the requests, and not a robot.  Why did this happen?

This page appears when Google automatically detects requests coming from your computer network which appear to be in violation of the Terms of Service.  The block will expire shortly after those requests stop.  In the meantime, solving the above CAPTCHA will let you continue to use our services.

This traffic may have been sent by malicious software, a browser plug-in, or a script that sends automated requests.  If you share your network connection, ask your administrator for help -- a difference computer using the same IP address may be responsible.

Sometimes you may be asked to solve the CAPTCHA if you are using advanced terms that robots are known to use or sending requests very quickly.

Clearly, one of the most critical phrases in the above notification is that "a different computer using the same IP address may be responsible.

It is concerning that Google references violations of its Terms of Service, suggesting that access to Google may be revoked due to IP impersonation by a someone residing close by on Vista Verde Way, who is also piggybacking on our Wifi, likely for the purposes of engaging in falsified law enforcement reporting.

I will attempt to keep your Office updated about apparent obstruction of my attempts to communicate through this blog.

Most sincerely,







Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment