My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, May 15, 2023

Update: Unacceptable Mail from "SC Fund Recovery"

Update:

OIG Hotline, my husband successfully retrieved acceptable mail  from our residential mailbox in Portola Valley by removing the security seal, evaluating each piece of mail for acceptance, replacing the interior alarm,  re-locking and re-sealing the box, all the while filming the process with a body cam the ownership of which has already been transferred to your Office.

The letter from SC Fund Recovery, which was deemed unacceptable, was placed within our residential mailbox alongside the Jim Mellano/AFE letter.  Both of these letters remain unopened and secured within the locked and sealed mailbox underneath two heavy books and an interior alarm.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, please be apprised of a letter which constitutes unacceptable mail for our family.

Through USPS Informed Delivery email, I received this screenshot of a letter from SC Fund Recovery on May 1, 2023.  It is ostensibly addressed to my late father, Richard Von Herzen.  The stamp depicting a skull may not be insignificant given threats I have received pertaining to this letter.


I have received repeated phone messages from SC Fund Recovery, which I have communicated to my brother Brian Von Herzen should this pertain to his unclaimed inheritance.  (Please note that the messages I have received have been from a "Gretchen," who provided a callback number of (626) 635-1520, although her caller ID was (415) 406-6291. )  To my surprise, my husband has also received repeated phone messages from this company, although his cell phone number is unpublished.

I have made note of repeated threats I have received from my stalker, suggesting that this communication represents an attempted bribe or "payoff."  I have rejected all suggestions that I cease my search for materials responsive to my FOIA request in their entirety in the face of extensive threats and apparent suggests of "limitless" remuneration.  With regard to a "payoff," neither my husband nor I have engaged in any illicit activity for which we would be receiving compensation.

As a result of my stalker's threats about this letter representing a "set up," neither I nor any family member will be accepting this mail.  

Instead, I hereby convey ownership of this letter to the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline.

I will preserve it in my mailbox together with the Jim Mellano/AFE letter in order to transfer possession of this mail upon request by the OIG Hotline.

This evening, May 15, 2023, my husband will retrieve acceptable mail from our locked mailbox at 45 Vista Verde Way, Portola Valley, CA.

He will use a body cam, as he did approximately two weeks ago, to film the entire process of his handling each piece of mail that we accept, along with his transfer of the SC Fund Recovery letter to the base of the mailbox, below two heavy books. The ownership of this camera and its micro SD card have already been conveyed to the OIG Hotline Investigations Division.

As previously, he will not retrieve or open the letter from Jim Mellano of AFE, but rather, will leave it in place.  To confirm, ownership of the Jim Mellano/AFE letter has been transferred to the OIG Hotline Investigations Division and will be provided to them directly as soon as they request it.

My husband will affix a new security seal to the lock on the box when he has completed his retrieval of accepted mail.

I will attempt to update this blog after mail retrieval.

If our Wifi access is obstructed this evening, assuming that all has gone normally with our retrieval of acceptable mail, I will update this blog as soon as possible tomorrow.

If our Wifi access is obstructed this evening and there has been any problem with our retrieval of acceptable mail, either my husband or I will travel to a location with internet access in order to update this space.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment