My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, May 27, 2023

Closure of All Active Connection to Wells Fargo Bank

OIG Hotline investigators, this morning, after multiple denials by phone by Wells Fargo personnel that any Visa card had been issued in my name, I was able to ascertain that the contrary was true.  A Visa card was, in fact, determined by Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative "Chandler" to be in the process of being issued in my name.  

The Wells Fargo Board apparently did nothing to prevent this from happening, despite my direct request.

The unexplained inaction of the Board notwithstanding, I was able to cancel this card, with number xxxx xxxxxx  x7696, prior to its being issued, activated, or mailed to me.  Wells Fargo Customer Service Representative "Chandler" stated that the card had merely been "in the process of the conversion" and was, at my direction, fully cancelled as of our conversation, which was documented in its entirety.

In order to ensure that my name has now been removed from all ongoing communications with Wells Fargo Bank, I sent the following email to Wells Fargo Banker Mr. Pedram Ghaderpanahi, of Los Altos, this morning.  

My closing communication to the Wells Fargo Board follows here as well.

I believe that Wells Fargo's actions (and failure to act) regarding the preservation of my privacy as a Wells Fargo customer remain a critical area of investigation for the OIG Hotline.  Certainly, Americans need advocacy and defense when it comes to predatory banking practices that reflect FBI directives pertaining to disinformation wielded at will against law-abiding bank customers.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

*********************************************************************************

Email sent to: pedram.ghaderpanahi@wellsfargo.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 9:25 AM

Re:  Formal Request for the Immediate Withdrawal of Any and All Complaints Associated with My Name

Dear Mr. Ghaderpanahi:

Thank you very much for your assistance at the Los Altos Branch of Wells Fargo Bank on Tuesday May 23, 2023.  At that time, as I'm sure you recall, you were attempting to ensure that all products and services associated with my name had been removed and discontinued from Wells Fargo Bank.

Thanks in part to your help, as well as that of Mr. Emmanuel Abrokwah, I believe that effort to now be complete.

At this time, I need to request that any and all complaints filed with Wells Fargo and associated with my name in any manner be withdrawn.

As you recall on the 23rd, I requested that no complaint be initiated on my behalf or in my name.

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023, however, Mr. Emmanuel Abrokwah, to my surprise, stated that a complaint had, in fact, been initiated in my name by you the day before.

Please understand that, while I sincerely hope Wells Fargo Bank is able to work through its challenges regarding its privacy policy, I can no longer be associated with Wells Fargo Bank in any manner whatsoever, including having my name associated with any complaint within the Bank.

I ask that you consider this communication a formal, legal request that any and all complaints associated with my name be immediately withdrawn.

To clarify, any such complaint was filed without my knowledge and permission, and in direct contravention of my instructions.

Please be apprised that this communication will be shared with the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice in order to ensure that investigators' information is complete.

Thank you very much for your immediate attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

Email sent to: boardcommunciations@wellsfargo.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: May 27, 2023 at 10:12 AM

Re:  Formal Request for the Immediate Withdrawal of Any and All Complaints Associated with My Name

To the Wells Fargo Board:

Please see my formal request below that Wells Fargo Banker Mr. Pedram Ghaderpanahi immediately withdraw any and all complaints initiated in my name or in any manner associated with my name.

Any such complaints were filed without my knowledge or permission, and against my express directives.

I hereby request that all prior communications with Wells Fargo's Executive Office or Board that could possibly be construed or interpreted as a "complaint" be immediately withdrawn from that designation.  I ask nothing further from the Wells Fargo Board at this time except its cooperation with the Investigations Division of the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, should investigators from this Office within the Department of Justice elect to follow up with Wells Fargo regarding their concerns.

It is my understanding at this time that I have successfully severed any and all connection to Wells Fargo Bank in any manner associated with my name or identity.  Accordingly, I wish to have no outstanding complaints with your Office or with any other department within the Bank.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment