My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, May 22, 2023

FBI Informant Approach in Wells Fargo Parking Lot This Morning

OIG Hotline investigators, please be apprised that my husband was approached in the Wells Fargo (at San Antonio and El Camino Real in Mountain View) parking lot by an older Chinese woman asking for directions to Panda King.

This individual appeared to film me with her cell phone while ostensibly asking my husband for his guidance to the restaurant.

My husband's only verbal interaction with this woman was to say, "I'm not sure."

My only verbal interaction with this woman was to say, "No, no."

Because our family has been falsely accused by the FBI of crimes allegedly related to "espionage activity," about which we have no knowledge whatsoever, I find this woman's approach, in combination with her filming me, to be of concern.

This individual's license plate number was California 6WYB942.

I hereby confirm that all of our activities and dialogue today, as every day, have been lawful and honorable in every regard.

Please note that I am posting this information from the Portola Valley Public Library, after which I will return home.

My husband is accompanying me out of concerns for my safety at this time.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment