My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, May 1, 2023

Letter to Ron Laurino of Panton Plumbing

Email to: pantonplumbing@gmail.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: May 1, 2023 at 11:25 AM

Re:  Panton Plumbing's Service for 40 Gansett Rd., Woods Hole

Ron, I am informed that the new "main valve" which Panton Plumbing placed at 40 Gansett Rd. at the direction of FBI personnel has left the property vulnerable to flooding when the water is turned on.

There will be a thorough investigation of criminal FBI actions in this case, but in the meantime, please go out to 40 Gansett to turn the water on at the house -- after which I request that you please turn off the water once more.

I need to ensure that my water as a utility at the property is fully functional, but I also need -- because of unlawful FBI directives -- to safeguard the home by turning off the water once more.

Because you know the particular harms wrought by Panton Plumbing at the direction of the FBI, I feel it is actually safer to have Panton Plumbing service the house at this time.  Panton is responsible for ensuring that flooding does not occur, and I need that accountability in attempting to protect my family home.

I request that this service be completed no later than May 4, 2023, and I further request that your front office email me an invoice on the same day of the service.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment