My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, May 12, 2023

Restricted Access: For OIG Hotline Only

This content is intended for the OIG Hotline only.

All others are asked to exit this post at this time.




Lane MacWilliams

**********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline investigators, this is to document that this morning, May 12, 2023 between 11:00 AM and 11;30 AM Pacific time, my son Graham and I saw a man, whom I presume to be our neighbor Ron Hyver, clearing some trimmed branches and greenery from his property (55 Vista Verde Way) close to the boundary with our own (45 Vista Verde Way).

Graham had been walking our cat on her harness and leash, and I stepped outside our front door to pet her.

My words and actions toward Graham, as well as Graham's words and actions toward me, were polite, honorable, and lawful in all respects.

We exchanged no words of greeting with the neighbor, as we have never been introduced.

However, due to the FBI's coercion of witnesses to lie about our family, I believe this documentation to be necessary.  

Without it, criminal members of the far right could coerce a neighbor into lying about Graham, myself, our cat, the color of the sky, who knows what else.  The concern that something as simple as a falsified witness statement by a neighbor could be used as justification for a law enforcement raid is a real one, in my opinion, given the extent of the FBI's malfeasance in the perpetration of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.

For the record, all items that could assist in our self-defense within our own home are now within locked safes.

This documentation will be placed within an affidavit in the near future.  

Below is an exact transcript of my recent conversation with my son regarding this view of our neighbor from our own property.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

**********************************************************************************

The transcription below represents an exact documentation of a recorded conversion between Lane and Graham MacWilliams on May 12, 2023.  The original recording can be made available to investigators upon request.


Lane MacWilliams:  So Gray, as far as I remember, I think that you and I were outside with Zoe  -- just outside of the front door -- at a little bit before 11:30 -- between 11:00 and 11:30. 

Graham MacWilliams:  Ok.

Lane MacWilliams:  And then, to confirm, while we were there, it appeared that the neighbor whom we have not met -- but that's Ron Hyver's house -- it appeared that the neighbor came out, grabbed a few trimmed branches from the front of his property, dragged them over toward us, toward the boundary between the properties.  He did look at us, but he did not say hello.  And you and I were just talking to each other, and we referenced the fact that there might be woodchopping going on ...

Graham MacWilliams:  Right.

Lane MacWilliams:  (overlapping) ...in the neighborhood.  And then, you were in the process of walking Zoe.  So, she was there on her harness and leash. and that's basically all that we said in his presence, that maybe there was woodchopping going on.  We didn't say hello to him.  There was nothing threatening about anything we did.

Graham MacWilliams:  Ok.

Lane MacWilliams:  We just said to one another that maybe there was woodchipping going on, and then I said to you that I was going inside.  And then a short time later, maybe 45 seconds later, you came inside with Zoe.

Graham MacWilliams:  Ok.

Lane MacWilliams:  Is that your recollection of exactly what happened?

Graham MacWilliams:  Yes.

Lane MacWilliams:  Ok. Do you have anything you would add?

Graham MacWilliams:  No.

Lane MacWilliams:  Ok, honey.  At least you and I have that documentation, and whatever Ron Hyver chooses to say about that, at least you and I know what happened.

Graham MacWilliams:  Ok.

Lane MacWilliams:  We are being entirely peaceable on our own property, which is within our right as law-abiding American citizens.

Graham MacWilliams:  Ok.

Lane MacWilliams:  Ok, sweetie, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment