My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, September 3, 2023

Text to Duncan MacWilliams

OIG Hotline, please be apprised that, from my point of view as a mother seeing my youngest son yesterday, he appeared to be quite ill.

Being concerned that my stalker's threats regarding the FBI's possibly exposing my youngest son to the same food-and-water borne illness the rest of my family appears to have contracted, I sent him a list of supplements that might help him.

Given the possibility that Txx Lxxxx is requiring him to utilize that communication in making false claims within a witness statement, I sent him the following text this evening, the content of which I transcribe here:

"Duncan, sweetheart, you looked quite ill at brunch yesterday, which is the reason why I sent you all of this information.  If you're well, I would of course be thrilled.  If not, perhaps this can help.  I would simply ask that you not cast aspersions on my clarity of mind or stability of character in witness reports for Txx Lxxxx.  This man has brought so much harm to our family already.  We need to present a united front in insisting that he stop."

I will place this communication into an affidavit when I am able.

Thank you for allowing me to document this concern herewith.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment