My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, September 18, 2023

A Deliveryman at the Door

OIG Hotline, please be apprised that a FedEx delivery man rang the front doorbell a few moments ago, at 10:10 AM Pacific time.  I spoke to him through an upstairs window for safety reasons.  

He explained that he was delivering a letter from Comerica Bank which required a signature.  He identified himself as Jacob.

I readied a signature page, which I left at an alternate door.

This conversation was documented in its entirety.

This FedEx driver seemed to be similar in appearance to the driver of a small blue/grey sedan which paused at the top of my driveway for five minutes for no apparent reason at 7:00 AM this morning.

He wore dark aviator sunglasses so as to shield his face from view, even in the shade.

His angular facial structure was similar to that of Justin Q. Tat.

My sense is that this individual had more than a package to deliver.


This package may correspond to the FedEx doortag placed, strangely, within our mailbox, apparently over the weekend.



I note that the package (which contained a $742 interest check from a closed Comerica account), denoted two attempted deliveries, according to the green stickers affixed to it.  Yet we received only one doortag within our mailbox, and none placed on the doors of our residence.  

The Comerica check was produced on September 13, 2023, but the FedEx mailing was not labeled until September 15, 2023 at 8:00 PM, labeled "Standard Overnight," and listed as originating with Mehran Farahani.

Was the check mailed at that time in order to justify an ostensible FedEx driver who would bypass our 'No Trespassing" signs to access the front door on Monday?  I note that my son had not risen from bed at 10:10 AM, which is unusual for him, and I was alone on the lower floor at the time of this visit.

Did Txx Lxxxx give Mehran Farahani some very specific directives regarding the timing of this shipment?

What were they?

And what is the real identity of the FedEx driver, who seems more likely to be Special Forces personnel than a delivery man?

We might presume that any Special Forces personnel coming to my front door would be highly motivated to file a false witnesss statement for the FBI.

Accordingly, with this post, I  confirm that all of my words, actions, communications and intentions this morning, as at all other times, were lawful and honorable in every way, shape and form.  

I hereby contest the claims of any person who suggests otherwise as knowingly, willfully, and categorically false. 

I leave additional questions regarding this delivery to investigators.

In gratitude for your presence,


Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment