My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, July 18, 2022

Documentation of a Sunday Afternoon

 

This is to verify that my husband Ken MacWilliams spent yesterday afternoon/evening golfing with our younger son, Duncan, in Chrystal Springs, CA.  Their conversation was recorded in its entirety and can be made available upon request.  They enjoyed a companionable, casual Sunday afternoon as a loving father and son, and their dialogue reflects this.  Their golfing party was rounded out by "Mitch" and "Mary Liz," a couple in their seventies who were beginner golfers enjoying their novice afternoon.

Because the FBI has coerced Duncan MacWilliams into reporting about his parents for pay, and because this agency has engaged in falsified law enforcement reporting in the unauthorized alteration of Duncan MacWilliams' "witness statements," the MacWilliams family regrets that it is necessary to take these precautions in fully documenting what should be private, relaxing family time spent in one another's company.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct,

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment