My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Important Permissions

 The following permissions were forwarded to the OIG Hotline in care of the OIP on July 19, 2022 at 5:04 p.m.  The text of these documents is provided separately for ease of reading.

July 19, 2022

To Whom It May Concern:

I hereby grant my permission for the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to investigate any and all information pertaining to my medical care with Dr. Winona Tan, her staff, and all staff of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Radiology/Imaging Department.

I further grant my permission for the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to investigate any and all information pertaining to communications from the FBI and/or Infragard to PAMF personnel concerning defamatory information regarding me, the recruitment of medical providers as informants, the tendering of compensation in return for specific actions relating to my care at PAMF, and specific directives and instructions communicated to PAMF personnel by the FBI and its employees and affiliates regarding my care.

Directed privacy violations and safety violations are included in the permissions granted herewith.

I grant these permissions for an indefinite period of time, without limit, so that OIG Hotline and ODNI investigators may fully characterize FBI and Infragard engagement with the Palo Alto Medical Foundation in all circumstances pertaining to my care, and my desire to access care.

Please contact me with any questions pertaining to the above.

These permissions are granted of my own free will and accord.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Lane MacWilliams



July 19, 2022

To Whom It May Concern:

I hereby grant my permission for Dr. Winona Tan, her staff, and all staff of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Radiology/Imaging Department to disclose any and all information pertaining to my medical care at PAMF to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice and/or the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

I further grant my permission for Dr. Winona Tan, her staff, and all staff of the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Radiology/Imaging Department to disclose any and all information pertaining to communications from the FBI and/or Infragard concerning defamatory information regarding me, the recruitment of medical providers as informants, the tendering of compensation in return for specific actions relating to my care at PAMF, and specific directives and instructions communicated by the FBI and its employees and affiliates.

Directed privacy violations and safety violations are included in the permissions granted herewith.

I grant these permissions for an indefinite period of time, without limit, so that OIG Hotline and ODNI investigators may fully characterize FBI and Infragard engagement with the Palo Alto Medical Foundation in all circumstances pertaining to my care, and my desire to access care.

Please contact me with any questions pertaining to the above.

These permissions are granted of my own free will and accord.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment