My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Why Hasn't San Mateo County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Chaput Yet Been Prosecuted for His Crimes of Falsified Law Enforcement Reporting?

I filed a stalking report with San Mateo County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Chaput a couple of years ago -- a report which, so I have been informed, Deputy Chaput falsified for compensation from the FBI.

The FBI has a program entitled the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative, it turns out, and an affiliated "target of interest" program, and it compensates local law enforcement officers who assist it in keeping the program growing year over year at a rate of at least ten percent.

The FBI needs names of real people to keep these programs expanding, and the agency apparently utilizes the names of those who turn to law enforcement for help in stalking situations to fill out its rosters.

Unfortunately, the FBI -- and local law enforcement by extension -- has engaged in knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives in an indefensible corruption of these programs for overtly anti-democratic objectives.

The San Mateo County Sheriff's Office has violated the California Public Records Act and the Freedom of Information Act, both, in refusing to provide me with a copy of Case Report #19-11840, to which I am entitled under both state and federal law.

SMC Sheriff's Deputy Chaput did call my husband at one point to tell him that he should request a "replacement case report" with a different number, which was much more accurate than Case Report #19-11840.  Ask for Case Report #20-02355 instead, he said.

This struck both my husband and me as odd at the time.  Why would Deputy Chaput be rewriting the report?

We requested both reports from the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.  We received neither.

Since that time, I have been told that the FBI has engaged in yet much more extensive crimes of falsified law enforcement reporting against both my husband and myself, all of which it has failed to report in our Freedom of Information Act requests submitted to this agency.

Yet the withholding of this falsified information on the part of both local and federal law enforcement agencies is clearly a violation of our civil rights as members of the law-abiding American public.

I have asked for help from several federal agencies in providing me with these reports as part of the fulfillment of my Freedom of Information Act request, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence chief among them.

How many times over recent years have I hoped that someone in the federal government would call out the cavalry over this issue?

Our democracy cannot survive the assault on the Constitution currently being perpetrated by the FBI through falsified law enforcement reporting for far right political objectives.

The truth is the only antidote.

In defense of the truth, I ask the ODNI to please fulfill my FOIA request urgently.

Not in the four and a half years the FBI has estimated it will take for its compromised leadership to locate responsive materials.

But now.

************************************************************************************

ADDENDUM:  

July 26, 2022

To the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, U.S. DOJ and the ODNI:

I regret to report that the above post has prompted an immediate onslaught of death threats sent to my cell phone.  This likely constitutes the most violent response any of my communications have ever received.  While there are many mentions of alternative means of attack, including arson, DEWs, and HAARP,  most of the threats involve overt mentions of assassination.  

It is difficult for me to convey how strongly I oppose the crime of falsified law enforcement reporting, currently being engaged in by the FBI and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office.

I do not believe that silence is the answer to this "insider threat" to our democracy.

I believe speaking out openly and honestly concerning these crimes represents the only possible path forward for our nation.

Our Constitution must be defended by citizens who are willing to express the truth about these violations of law-abiding Americans' civil rights.

I possess the courage necessary to do so.

And so I am speaking.  

Despite those who would silence me, I am speaking.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams








No comments:

Post a Comment