My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, July 22, 2022

One Day, I Will See My Son Again

One of the most terrible crimes the FBI and its affiliates have committed against my family is that of coercing falsified witness testaments from my own son.  (For the sake of his privacy, I will not name him here.)

How have they coerced him?  With physical assaults.  With threats of unemployment.  With threats of causing horrific harms to his girlfriend and her family.  With threats of exposing personal information concerning his girlfriend. With threats of death.

They have combined this intimidation with contrasting bribes from Infragard, effectively extending the message:  "Just give us your signature on a couple of witness statements saying you might have witnessed something suspicious, but you're not certain.  We'll take it from there."

Unfortunately, when the FBI says "We'll take it from there," what the agency means is that it will append a paid-for signature to fictitious witness statements that have been further falsified -- and even notarized -- in a process entirely internal to the agency.

It's convincing for the agency to claim that a person's son has denounced him or her.

The FBI knows that.

That's why they pay so abundantly for the signature they will later append to lies.

We can recognize these stratagems as those utilized by the "secret police" of totalitarian regimes the world over.  Russia has used these techniques to control its populace.  China has used them.  North Korea has used them.  Certainly, Nazi Germany used them.

But we're not accustomed to the idea that they're being employed within the United States, and we should utterly reject these techniques as the flagrant violations of the Constitution that they without question are.

The FBI, as of this date, has separated my loving family.  I cannot comfortably and freely see my son, knowing that the FBI has forced him into serving as a coerced witness to falsehoods.

Recently, in an attempt to force me into accepting redacted materials in response to my Freedom of Information Act request, FBI affiliates have suggested that, if I comply, they will "give me back my child."

Can there be any more monstrous role assumed by federal "security forces" than that of forcibly separating loving families?

It's difficult to imagine more knowingly destructive acts.

So, I say this to the FBI:  

Sirs, I will have materials responsive to my Freedom of Information Act request, and I will have them in their entirety.

One day, I will see my son again, in this world or the next.  And when I do, he will know that I fought with honor and courage and persistence and fortitude and Grace for his Constitutional freedoms -- because my love for him allowed me to do nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment