My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Permission to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, U.S. DOJ

This letter, originally sent to the OIG Hotline twelve days ago, grants an important permission for this Office to share information with the ODNI.

I am reprinting its content for ease of reading, below.


July 13, 2022

To the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, U.S. DOJ:

This is to grant express permission to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline to share any and/or all information I have directly provided to your Office and/or the Office of Information Policy, U.S. DOJ with Director Avril Haines or her designee within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.

My intention is to facilitate the sharing of information pertinent to both Offices' investigations of falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives, and this permission is extended in direct support of those investigations.

My requests for confidential handling of certain materials I have provided to the OIG Hotline otherwise remain in place, and I would request that the ODNI, in turn, uphold those requests for confidentiality concerning sensitive information.

The OIG Hotline will continue to be the primary recipient of information I provide regarding the insider threat posed by the FBI's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting about law-abiding American citizens.

I deeply appreciate your ongoing efforts in this investigation.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment