My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, July 8, 2022

Can We Afford to Allow the FBI to Avoid Accountability for Its Crimes of Falsified Law Enforcement Reporting for Four and a Half More Years?

 

The FBI's FOIPA Office informed me today that it intends to fulfill my FOIA Request #1496758-000 in approximately "1929 days from the date the FBI opened your request."

That's four and a half years from now.

I have written the following letter to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline in response to this astonishing attempt on the part of the FBI to avoid accountability for its participation in the crime of falsified law enforcement reporting against law-abiding members of the American public.


To the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, U.S. DOJ:

According to the FBI's FOIPA Office response to my query, the FBI plans to fulfill my FOIA Request #1496758-000 in approximately four and one-half years from today's date.

I enclose this office's estimate of completing action on my request in 1929 days from the date of my original request of May 16, 2021.

I find this communication to be extraordinary.

Given the remarkably aggressive predations of the FBI toward my family members and myself, can I reasonably be expected to be alive in four and a half years?

I do not believe that the FBI's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives should be allowed to remain concealed for this period of time.

Our democracy is in the balance over the matter of corruption of the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative and the FBI's affiliated "target of interest" program.

Can falsified law enforcement reporting that endangers the very fundamentals of our civil liberties and human rights be left to progress unchecked for four and a half more years?

Voters do not understand the choices that are confronting them on the ballot in the absence of full disclosure of far-right corruption of segments of the FBI as manifested in falsified law enforcement reporting against law-abiding American citizens.

I am deeply concerned for the future of our country.  I believe prompt action needs to be taken regarding this matter.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams


The content of this blog post was forwarded to the OIG Hotline in care of the OIP this afternoon at 12:32 pm Pacific time from lmacwilliams7417@gmail.com, with copies sent to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com and lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com.

In addition, an email with an attachment of of five pages was forwarded to the OIG Hotline in care of this OIP this afternoon at 5:05 pm Pacific time from lmacwilliams7417@gmail.com, with copies sent to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com and lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com, pertaining to several matters:  a visit from Woodside Fire Captain Sean Devlin and colleagues this morning, a spurious lawsuit instigated by the FBI as part of its "target of interest" protocol, and a series of tax audit threats received by me over recent months.



No comments:

Post a Comment