My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Recalling Ian Fishback

OIG Hotline, our older son called us today with the information that Dr. Thomas Beck had this morning suggested placing him on injectable Haldol.  I wrote a long email to your attention, but I believe the current circumstance to represent a threat, as opposed to an intention to immediately cause harm to Graham.

I have requested the notes from Graham's physicians to determine whether there are falsifications within his medical chart that could possibly justify such a recommendation, and I will be sharing this information with your Office.

I believe the FBI desires to convey to me that my son's life is within their hands at this time.

It's fair to say that they have extended that communication repeatedly, and most recently through his physicians at Stanford Medicine.

Earlier today, I wrote an email to Katherine Sanborn, Giovanni Dandekar and Thomas Beck, the content of which is below.

Thank you for allowing me to document these concerns at this time.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams





No comments:

Post a Comment