My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, August 27, 2024

The FBI's "Deepfakes" Should Not Derail a FOIA Request

 1.  Is it true that the FBI is now calling for your arrest?

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  I honestly don't know.  I'm not familiar with the latest false allegations that the FBI is extending, except that someone has suggested the FBI has arranged both online and real-world impersonation of me through an individual who is wielding my name.

2.  You still have not violated the law in any way, shape or form?

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  No, I have not.

3.  Were you told that the FBI was defaming you through falsified audio tape and video tape?  

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  This was suggested to me.  And I think it's important to point out that the FBI typically selects some real spoken words and then makes up the rest -- so, in this way, the agency creates conversations that never took place, concerning subjects that were never addressed.

4.  Can't the FBI allege any crimes at all under this circumstance?

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  Absolutely, it can, and I think this is the agency's totalitarian aim.  The FBI wishes to literally possess the ability to accuse the most virtuous person imaginable of crimes up to and including first-degree murder.  If the claim is not particularly believable, the FBI may attempt to stage a violent law enforcement raid -- and, in my case, to confiscate documents, in the attempt to avoid the FBI's accountability.

5.  Did the FBI appear to suggest that it aided and abetted a woman in changing her name so as to better impersonate you in real-world settings on command?

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  Yes, agency personnel have claimed exactly this.

6.  Did the FBI claim you've changed political parties?

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  I don't know.  But I have not.

7.  Have you ever suffered from mental illness?

Answer:  Amazingly, I have not.  I have never been diagnosed with a mental illness, and I have not experienced mental illness despite the astonishing assaults of the FBI and its affiliates over a period entailing the last seven years.  I consider myself to be rather profoundly resilient psychologically.

And for the agency which has repeatedly attempted to cause us grievous harm to now be alleging that we are irrational or delusional represents the height of cynical manipulation of the listener.

I think Congress is smarter than a predatory FBI.

8. How should Congress respond to the FBI's "deepfakes" concerning your words and actions in this instance?

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  Well, it would be best for the producers of the false material to held accountable, but usually the FBI and its affiliates attempt to insulate themselves from legal responsibility in this regard by contracting out for deepfake material.

9..  Don't the FBI and its affiliates actually own some of the so-called contractors producing this material, though?

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  Through shell corporations, yes. This is what I have been told.

10.  So, in that case, isn't the FBI directly liable?  

Lane MacWilliams' Answer:  I believe they are, yes.  They know the information they are aggregating is false.  They're paying for knowingly false material and wielding it for the purposes of profit, defamation and harm, so, yes, the liability for the FBI is astronomical in this circumstance.

That's why the Freedom of Information Act should now be upheld in the provision of reports to me, along with the preservation of judicial standards in the provision of investigative reports from the OIG Hotline and the ODNI.

11.  You have requested that materials reach you by tomorrow, due to the fact that your family members' lives and your own continue to be under threat.

Answer:  That is correct.

12.  Will they be provided to you?

Answer:  I certainly hope so.  The time for that provision is now.  President Biden and Vice President Harris possess the ability to uphold the Freedom of Information Act in this critical case, as well as to defend judicial procedure in ensuring that investigative reports from the OIG Hotline and the ODNI are provided to me on an immediate basis.

13.  Is Congress' support necessary, too?

Answer:  Congressional support is welcome.

14.  Do you hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  I do.


Lane Macwilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment