My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, August 31, 2024

Javier Luna Documentation

OIG Hotline, please see the statement, below, signed by gardener Javier Luna while he was on our property today repairing two sprinkler heads and the water shut-off valve, which had been damaged, outside our kitchen.

Please note that Mr. Luna was unaccompanied for several minutes at our water meter street access, with the valve exposed.  It is of concern that the FBI appeared to threaten contamination of our water supply recently, that the agency alleged active communication with Mr. Luna by affiliates during his visit here today, and that the soil surround the valve was wet, indicating a recent opening of the valve.

Mr. Luna stated at one point that he would contact the city about the moist area surrounding the valve, and I asked him not to do so.  I explained that I myself would contact the city if necessary.

While here, Mr. Luna signed the statement below of his own free will and accord.  A JPEG of this document has been included within an email sent to your attention within lanemacwilliams@gmail.com at 11:33 AM today, August 31, 2024.  The text has been here transcribed for ease of reading.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

********************************************************************************

My interaction with Lane and Ken MacWilliams today was respectful and professional at all times.

Both Lane and Ken MacWilliams upheld honorable and lawful conduct in all respects, and nothing I witnessed outside of their home or within their home indicated that they are or could be involved in any unlawful activity whatsoever.

No communications engaged in by the MacWilliams while in my presence indicated to me that they are or could be involved in any unlawful activity whatsoever.

No interaction with any MacWilliams family member indicated to me that they are involved or could be involved in any unlawful activity whatsoever.

No possession, equipment, furnishings, mailings, or items or any kind indicated to me that the MacWilliams family is or could be involved in any unlawful activity whatsoever.  There are no signs of unlawful activity on their property.

I do not consider their behavior, conduct, belongings, or communications suspicious to any degree whatsoever.  I do not consider their property suspicious.

I hereby confirm that these statements are true, correct and complete.

This testament is signed of my own free will and accord.

I agree to inform Lane and Ken MacWilliams of any problems I observe on or near their property prior to leaving.


_________________________________________           ______________________________

Signature                                                                              Date

No comments:

Post a Comment