My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, October 20, 2022

A Tribute to Those Heroes Who Stand In Defense of Democracy, President Biden Foremost Among Them

1. It seems as though the FBI has engaged quite a few others in plans of harm toward law-abiding "targets of interest."

Answer:  It does.

2.  And it seems as though the FBI has developed some fairly sophisticated means of disrupting the communications of "targets of interest" as they attempt to access help.

Answer:  Yes, when the FBI appropriates the identity of a law-abiding "target" in order to extend threats or false statements to government officials, communications are almost certainly going to be severely disrupted.  Beyond that, the safety of the "target" is immediately endangered by such prevarication on the part of the FBI.

3.  Do you find these actions on the part of the FBI to be shocking?

Answer:  They are shocking, yes.  And I think it's important for law-abiding Americans to allow themselves to feel temporarily dismayed and disheartened by the betrayal of the truth by a federal law enforcement agency.  But after that, it is necessary to recognize that the crimes of the FBI do not represent all Americans.  They do not represent the goodness within the majority of our country's citizens.  And they do not represent the ongoing validity of the Constitution as a document that guides our nation's principles.

4.  You believe the majority of Americans stand aligned with a fair and just society that upholds the rule of law.

Answer:  Yes, and I believe the majority of Americans will support the objective truth if they have access to it.  The bid for totalitarianism in which the FBI is currently engaged depends upon the agency's ability to fool the American people.  

5.  But the far right segments of this agency have learned to lie exceptionally well.

Answer:  Yes, I am concerned that the FBI's disinformation can be remarkably convincing.  I don't know the specifics of the lies the FBI has told to federal investigators about me or about my husband.  And I haven't seen the threatening and/or unbalanced communications they sent to others alleging that they were authored by me.  But it's apparent to me that part of the FBI's attempt to unmake our democracy is dependent upon the agency's ability to lie exceptionally well.  What are the tools the FBI is currently wielding?  AI-generated video, altered audio recordings, faked written communications, falsified witness statements, fake social media accounts,  fake "evidence" of mental health care access on the part of whistleblowers, on and on.

6.  Still, you believe Americans will rally to the truth if it is made available to them.

Answer:  I do.  Again, the FBI's efforts to unmake our democracy are dependent upon deceit.  If the FBI's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives can be illuminated for the American public, this situation can be remedied.

7.  Many law-abiding Americans who have been wrongfully designated as "targets of interest" have become overwhelmed by the predation of the FBI and its affiliates.

Answer:  They should not be faulted for becoming overwhelmed in such extreme circumstances.  I have been exceptionally fortunate in being able to express my concerns to the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline, and the Honorable Avril Haines, Director of ODNI.  And I will hasten to point out that President Biden's leadership has created an administration that has rendered this communication possible.  Not many "targets of interest" have been so fortunate.  Part of my dedication to this task comes from an awareness that I speak for those wrongfully targeted Americans who have not yet found appropriate advocacy, through no fault of their own.

8.  You credit President Biden with your having been able to find receptive listeners within the DOJ and the ODNI.

Answer:  Without hesitation.  President Biden understands the pressing challenges to our democracy and is attempting to do everything possible to defend the civil liberties and human rights of the Americans he is so courageously leading.  He is attending to totalitarian threats internationally in the form of Russia and China, but he also is attending to the "insider threat" represented by the FBI and other three-letter agencies.  That's an astonishingly full plate.  And he's managing these trials with remarkable skill and grace.

9.  You believe in objective science and evidence gathering as fundamental to investigative processes.  

Answer:  Yes, I do.  Investigations are processes that seek to find the truth of what has transpired.  The FBI may treat certain investigations as propaganda opportunities.  But I don't believe the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice agrees with that approach.  There is an objective truth that is completely independent of bias.  And that objectivity resides within the provable facts, rigorously tested.

10. In truth, you feel deep appreciation for the investigators within the OIG Hotline.

Answer:  I do not believe my family and I would have survived without the conscientious and capable intervention of these good people on many occasions.  They have my abiding admiration and my profound gratitude.

11.  Are there others you wish to thank for their protective efforts as you have attempted to serve as a whistleblower regarding the FBI's active engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives?

Answer:  Yes, I wish to thank the Honorable Avril Haines Director of ODNI for her presence.  And, as I said, I wish to thank President Biden for his ongoing attention to this matter, which is so critical to the future of our democracy.  All of these people are heroes, in my opinion, and none more than President Biden himself.  The American people need to have access to the truth about those who have stood in defense of their freedoms with steadfast bravery, remarkable insight and ever-present fealty to the Constitution.  We are immensely fortunate to have President Biden leading us at this moment in our nation's history, laboring so tirelessly on democracy's behalf.  I feel honored and grateful that this remarkable leader is our President.  Americans need to understand my reasons why.

12.  Do you hope you will have the opportunity to articulate those reasons?

Answer:  This is my heartfelt hope.  Yes.

***********************************************************************************

At the end of my posts regarding the unlawful actions of far-right personnel within the FBI, I will be adding the following statement.  The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  The safety of FBI agents should be protected, just as the safety of the American citizenry should be protected.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of ALL AMERICANS that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise.  All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment