My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, October 1, 2022

A Revelation in the Mailbox

OIG Hotline investigators, I received the package pictured below in my mailbox this afternoon.  And so, I must express my deep and abiding gratitude to you at this time.  My family and I have arrived at this point because of your heroism.

I have not yet viewed the contents of this disc due to security concerns.  My computers are compromised, presumably by FBI affiliates, and therefore, my viewing this material on my own devices could lead to a breach in the confidentiality of this information.

Beyond this, I am not certain about the security of software licensing agreements vis a vis possible third-party access.

I will endeavor to determine a secure way of reviewing the disc's contents, after which I will catalogue it for your Office and the Honorable Avril Haines, Director of ODNI.  If certain material has been omitted by the FBI, it will be important to identify and replace it as we proceed.

With deep appreciation for all you are doing on behalf of our democracy,




Lane MacWilliams






No comments:

Post a Comment