My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Deprivation of Freedom: the Effect of the FBI's Crimes Toward the Law-abiding American Public

  

   1. Your stalker appeared to allege yesterday that an FBI affiliate was paid to lie

     about your husband at the ASCEND conference in Las Vegas?

 

Answer:  He did.

 

2. And how does this make you feel?

 

Answer:  Absolutely helpless.  What control do I have over the threats and payoffs the FBI is extending to participants in a conference hundreds of miles away about which I know nothing whatsoever.  The FBI’s actions in lying about my husband, who is the best man I have had the pleasure to know in my sixty years on this planet, are monstrous, frankly. I can’t view them as anything less.

 

3. You asked your husband to record his interactions with participants at the conference.  Did that happen?

 

Answer:  It didn't happen across the board.

 

4.  Why not?

 

Answer:  My husband really doesn’t perceive the manner in which the FBI is lying about law-abiding American citizens in a systematized and intentional predation.  If I’m right about this, and I am, the FBI has dismantled the Constitution before our very eyes.  And the agency has dismantled the Freedom of Information Act alongside it.

 

5.  How has this impacted your life?

 

Answer:  I haven’t left my house in months due to the specificity and the volume of the death threats I receive, all of them apparently extended by FBI personnel and affiliates through my Pegasus-hacked iPhone. My friends and acquaintances appear to have come under so much pressure from FBI personnel to sign falsified witness statements that I’m unable to see or speak to them.  Some of my family members have also experienced the horrors of the FBI’s criminal coercive techniques, so I cannot speak with these individuals either.  Safe and private medical care has been denied to me in a manner that represents fundamental human rights violations, in my view.  There are two million-dollar drones flying over my residence day and night, apparently, because the truth I am telling about the FBI’s crimes is so frightening to Christopher Wray that he has responded by attempting to criminalize my every move. My stalker has threatened that I will be killed if I so much as engage in gardening in my back yard, so, that’s not possible for me either.

 

6.  You’re living in a functional prison within the United States, even though you and your family members are entirely law abiding.

 

Answer:  I am.  That is correct.  I am extremely fortunate to have a lovely home.  But I cannot safely leave it.  I have been effectively deprived of my rights as an American citizen.  I cannot contact my Congresswoman for help.  I cannot turn to the courts.  I cannot turn to the press.

 

7.  Yet, your stalker, who is a leading member of Russian-affiliated organized crime within the United States, is free.

 

Answer:  I have no idea about my stalker’s whereabouts and I don’t want to know them.

 

8.  Why not?

 

Answer:  Because my stalker has falsely accused me of stalking him, in a rather egregious example of projected guilt on his part.  I can perceive that he has deprived me of all of my most meaningful civil and human liberties as a law-abiding American citizen, but I don’t know any specifics about him.  If he is free, I will simply say that, given the manner in which he and far right segments of the FBI have preyed upon my family for the last five years, our country has apparently embraced a dystopian paradigm.  No one should be comfortable about an FBI that is committing these kinds of human rights violations toward the law-abiding American public.

 

9.  What role does the Freedom of Information Act play in all of this?

 

Answer:  The Freedom of Information Act is central to our hopes of maintaining any semblance of a democracy within the United States. FOIA, if it is honored and upheld, affords American citizens the right to know what information about them certain agencies are aggregating  and disseminating.  If FOIA had been appropriately enforced over the last twenty years, the FBI would not have been able to lie about law-abiding “targets of interest” with impunity.  It would not have been able to begin committing human rights violations with no accountability for its actions.  It would not have become so closely tied to Russian-affiliated organized crime that my stalker exerts more apparent control over the agency than FBI Director Christopher Wray.

 

10.  You read a book not too long ago by former FBI agent Michael German entitled Disrupt, Discredit, and Divide:  How the New FBI Damages Democracy.  

 

Answer:  I did.

 

11.  Did you find it accurate?

 

Answer:  Mr. German knows the truth of the FBI’s crimes from the inside, and so, he represents a valuable voice for Americans with regard to the realities of the agency.  I differ from Mr. German in that I don’t believe the current FBI “damages” democracy.  I think it decimates democracy.  The book makes no mention of the FBI’s unlawful use of DEWs, so that omission is problematic. It makes no mention of the FBI’s engagement in knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting as a broad institutional priority.  It makes no mention of the manner in which paid witness “informants” are threatened and bribed to lie about law-abiding American citizens.  The book represents an important contribution to Americans’ understanding of the FBI.  But I hope Mr. German finds a way to tell the American public more about the “insider threat” the FBI has come to represent to our expectations of a free and fair democracy with honest and accountable federal law enforcement.

 

12.  What concerns are foremost in your mind today?

 

Answer:  My husband is scheduled to fly home from Las Vegas today, where he has attended the ASCEND conference, at which at least one person was paid by the FBI to lie about conversing with him.  So, I remain concerned for his safety and my own.

 

13.  What are the most damaging lies a dishonest informant could tell?

 

Answer:  I have no idea.  I’m sure there is no limit to the disinformation the FBI can create at will.  But again, this leaves us in an entirely dystopian and totalitarian system, with no checks and balances on the lying in which the FBI and its affiliates are so diligently engaging.  What about the Constitutional right to face one’s accusers in a court of law?  Have we forgotten about this as requisite to our democracy?

 

14.  Will anyone be able to hold a lying FBI to account?

 

Answer:  I don’t know.  President Biden has the courage and the will, so there’s a chance.  But the FBI is committing civil and human rights violations in such a manner that everyone is now at risk of having their rights summarily removed by lawless members of this agency or their affiliates.  So, our democracy is on life-support.  Our situation is quite serious.

 

15.   Do you have a hope that your Freedom of Information Act request of the ODNI will be fulfilled?

 

Answer:  I do.  And I will just say this.  There should be a tremendous bias toward fulfilling FOIA requests without exemption or redaction -- an overwhelming commitment to disallowing the FBI from disseminating disinformation through federal Fusion Centers while withholding the same material from those law-abiding American citizens who are being victimized by the FBI’s lies.  There should not be long delays in which the FBI can formulate yet more detailed disinformation about its “targets of interest.” Those kind of intervals invite institutional abuse of the kind the FBI just perpetrated at the ASCEND conference toward my husband.  At some point, the FBI’s falsified law enforcement reporting must be revealed to its victims.  This is not a “close call,” a “difficult assessment,” or a “complex calculation.”  This is a necessity without which our democracy cannot be upheld.

 

16.  What should happen regarding whatever lies the FBI coerced about your husband at the ASCEND conference?

 

Answer:  Whatever their content, they should be immediately disallowed.  The agency’s predation has gone far enough.  The FBI’s civil and human rights abuses are not to be borne indefinitely by long-suffering “targets of interest.”  The FBI, as difficult as this process is, must engage in the transparency and accountability that is required of all worthy law enforcement agencies. Our democracy’s life depends upon this accountability, and my family members’ lives depend upon it, too.


******************************************************************


At the end of my posts regarding the unlawful actions of far-right personnel within the FBI, I will be adding the following statement.  The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  The safety of FBI agents should be protected, just as the safety of the American citizenry should be protected.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of ALL AMERICANS that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise.  All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment