My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, October 3, 2022

UPDATE: Notification Re: Materials Responsive to FOIA Request #1496758-000

October 4, 2022

UPDATE: OIG Hotline investigators, my attempt at 6:34 p.m. yesterday evening to examine materials responsive to FOIA Request #1496758-000 prompted an Apple notification that "This disc cannot be read by this computer." 

Following this, my husband was kind enough to purchase an Apple USB SuperDrive yesterday evening at 8:00 p.m.  

I was able to view the contents of the disc provided by the FBI at approximately 9:30 p.m. through utilizing the secure means described below, and will be communicating on this blog about that material shortly.

Thank you for allowing me to document my first access of materials pursuant to my May 16, 2021 FOIA request of the FBI.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

OIG Hotline investigators, I believe I may have conceived of a secure means of accessing the contents of the disc of materials responsive to my FOIA request #1496758.

I will attempt to view them from a laptop within a Farraday canopy with WiFi turned off within the house and disabled on the computer itself.

This way, even should the device be compromised, the disc and its contents should remain confidential under all circumstances.

If I successfully access the material for the first time this afternoon, as hoped through the confidential means described above, I will document that achievement here.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment