My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Update: Tangible Proof of Falsified Law Enforcement Reporting

Update:  The following communication was sent via two fax transmissions totaling 44 pages to the OIG Hotline, Investigations Division, (202) 616-9881 on the morning of October 4, 2022 by Ken MacWilliams on Lane MacWilliams' behalf, with confirmations herewith:


Further, a 41-page document, including the letter below, was sent to the Honorable Avril Haines, Director of ODNI, via FedEx overnight delivery on October 4, 2022, with tracking number 278733179088, with delivery scheduled for October 5, 2022.


************************************************************************************

October 4, 2022

To the Honorable Avril Haines, Director ODNI, and to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, Investigations Division:

On carefully reviewing materials provided to me by the FBI in response to my FOIA request #1496758-000, it appears that the FBI is inappropriately applying numerous exemptions to allow the agency to conceal the most egregious of its falsifications in law enforcement reporting.

The FBI cites exemptions (b)(5), (b)(6), (b)(7)(A), (b)(7)(C), (b)(7)(E), and (j)(2) in withholding 34 pages responsive to my request.  The remaining 21 pages are heavily redacted, yet they possess clearly falsified content.  I enclose all materials provided to me herewith for your review.  

Within these pages, my statements to San Mateo County Sheriff's Deputy Rick Chaput are consistently misreported and falsified.

(Redacted material.)

The myriad falsehoods within the FBI's heavily redacted materials responsive to my FOIA request #1496758-000 demonstrate, in and of themselves, the alarming degree to which the FBI is lying about law-abiding American citizens for anti-democratic purposes.

(Redacted material.)

Nowhere does the FBI make reference to fake photos or AI-generated film bearing my likeness, both of which I am informed the FBI has broadly and relentlessly utilized in a slander and defamation campaign to discredit me with family members, friends, acquaintances, physicians, attorneys and more.

None of the individuals bearing false witness against me for pay from the FBI/Infragard are identified in this report, even though these false testifiers are not protected by secrecy agreements.  The fact that their slander and defamation of me has been broadly distributed through federal information-sharing programs HSIN, N-DEx and/or LEEP while being consistently and willfully withheld from me represents nothing short of contempt for the civil liberties of law-abiding American citizens.

Are Freedom of Information Act exemptions intended to protect the privacy needs of criminals who have engaged in falsified law enforcement reporting?  Are they intended to absolve the FBI of the transparency and accountability that our democracy requires of this agency? 

(redacted material)

I respectfully request that the Honorable Avril Haines of the ODNI release to me all materials responsive to my FOIA request of her Office, without redaction or omission.  My July 11, 2022 FOIA request of the ODNI is enclosed herewith.

The FBI's obstruction of the Freedom of Information Act through its delays, redactions, and omissions of material responsive to the requests of law-abiding "targets of interest" should not be allowed to further erode the civil liberties and human rights of those unjustly targeted by far right segments of law enforcement.

It is not reasonable to expect that the FBI will demonstrate the willingness to implicate itself of knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting by releasing fabricated, salacious, and condemnatory material with which it broadly slanders and defames "targets of interest."

I believe the intervention of the Honorable Avril Haines, the OIG Hotline Investigations Division,  and others is required to appropriately illuminate the FBI's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.

It is in that hope that I ask for prompt intervention in fulfilling my FOIA request directly, immediately, and  in its entirety.

In his autobiography, Long Walk to Freedom, Nelson Mandela quotes the Latin phrase, "Quis custodian apses custodes?"

Who will guard the guardians?

For our democracy, this is a pressing question, and one which FOIA is intended to help us answer.

Who will guard the guardians?  

None other than we ourselves.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

Please note:  Confirmation of successful transmission of this letter and its enclosures will appear on both the publicly accessible material connected to my Facebook account (Lane von Herzen), as well as within this blog post.


No comments:

Post a Comment