My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, July 26, 2024

Email to Staff Member at Momentum for Health

OIG Hotline, following herewith is the content of the latest email in email thread with "Joe," who is a staff member at my older son's current supported residence in Palo Alto.  

The original communication was forwarded to your attention within lanemacwilliams@gmail.com at 1:48 PM today, July 26, 2024.

My older son's name and my husband's name, in addition to my husband's email, are here redacted, but otherwise this communication duplicates the original email contents exactly.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

**************************************************

To: Jardizzone@momentumforhealth.org
From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com

Date: July 26, 2024 at 1:22 PM, forwarded at 1:48 PM.

Re: Important Request Regarding GTM Safety and Security

Joe, thank you very kindly for your thoughtful reply.

It would assist us greatly if xxxxxx keeps his cell phone with him at all times.  Thank you for supporting this extra insurance that he always remain reachable.

Also, I would respectfully request your outreach via email right away to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com and xxxw@gmail.com if you ever do NOT transport xxxxxx to the program on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday.  I will immediately respond to any such communication so that you know I received it, and I will of course include xxx in my response so that we keep open lines of communication all the way around.

If there are others who sometimes drive the group, I will depend upon you to share this email with them so that they may reach out in your stead in the event of xxxxxx's absence for any reason whatsoever.

This email will serve as our agreement concerning all of the above specifics.

Thank you for this important support for xxxxxx's well-being.  I will rely on you in this regard.

Sincerely yours,
Lane MacWilliams






No comments:

Post a Comment