My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, July 14, 2024

Statement of Graham MacWilliams



OIG Hotline, please see the following signed statement by my older son, Graham MacWilliams.  Becasue Graham does not currently possess a valid driver's license or passport, he is unable to have this statement officially notarized.  Nonetheless, he has conveyed his willingness to do so when his identification is officially notarized.  Nonetheless, he has conveyed his willingness to do so when his identification is updated.

Please note that Graham, for reasons unknown to me, placed the number "2" on the back of this document.  This is unlike him, as, when he tests a pen in advance of a signature, he ordinarily simply scribbles with the writing implement.  This was the only document Graham elected to sign.  There was no other.

Still, I wonder if his handler directed him to place the "2" on the back of the document with some intent to invalidate it later, by means unknown to me.

The text of the following document has been transcribed herewith for ease of readability.

Most sincerely,


Lane MacWilliams

AFFIDAVIT OF GRAHAM MACWILLIAMS

My name is Graham MacWilliams.  I was born on August 27, 1993.  I am thirty years old.  My family's home address is 45 Vista Verde Way, Portola Valley, CA. 94028.  I am a student at this time, taking a class in Environmental Science.  I obtained my undergraduate degree from Pomona College, also in Environmental Science.

The statements in this, my sworn affidavit, are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understanding.

I was never abused as a child, by my mother, by my father, or by anyone.  I never saw or heard of my brother Dxxxxx MacWilliams being abused as a child by anyone.

My mother Lane MacWilliams never engaged in trafficking in aqny way, shape or form.  Neither did my father.

My parents have never used illicit drugs to my knowledge.  My parents have never been alcoholic to my knowledge.

My parents have never engaged in espionage in any way, shape, or form to my knowledge.  My parents have never engaged in terrorism is any way, shape or form to my knowledge.

My parents are not Communists or radicals.

My parents have been loyal in their marriage to my knowledge.

My parents are not thieves or shoplifters to my knowledge.

My mother Lane MacWilliams and my father xxx xxxxxxxxxxx have been honorable in their work dealings and professional efforts to my knowledge.

My parents have been loving and kind in their actions, words and conduct toward me.  They are lawful and honorable people to my knowledge, of high integrity and ethics.

My parents have never harmed anyone to my knowledge.   My brother xxxxxx has never harmed anyone to my knowledge.

I hereby contest the claims of any person who contradicts the above statements as knowingly, willfully, and categorically false.

I, Graham MacWilliams, formally attest that the statements in this, my sworn affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understanding.

Signed Graham MacWilliams                                           7/13/24










 

No comments:

Post a Comment