My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, September 30, 2024

Apparent Diversion of Check to Stanford Medicine

 OIG Hotline, please be apprised that my payment by check to Stanford Medicine was sent with USPS tracking number 94001118995618842960955.  This payment was mailed on September 25, 2024, but today, September 30, 2024, delivery has still not occurred.  Instead, its status is listed, as shown in the screenshot below, as "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending."  Somehow, this was the case on September 26, 2024 and the payment has not been accepted since then.  

Stanford Medicine had remanded this bill to "State Collection Services" in Madison, Wisconsin, though I had been corresponding with Guest Services and Medical Ethics regarding this matter.  I find it highly unlikely that, since this mailing was paid for at a Postal Annex at 7:03 PM on September 25, 2024, my check was somehow in Madison, Wisconsin the next day.

Please note that as soon as Stanford Medicine referred the bill, I paid it immediately.  I forwarded my email to Stanford Medicine on September 25, 2024 to your attention within lanemacwilliams@gmail.com at 4:46 AM that same day.  I will not publish that communication here, as I believe Stanford Medicine may find difficult my documentation of its failings to meet the duty of care.

Photographs of my check and payment stub at attached to that email.



The FBI now appears to allege that it may have diverted my payment with a plan to falsely allege that I am a "felon," thus rendering me ineligible for settlements from the OIG Hotline and the ODNI -- and perhaps rendering me ineligible for my FOIA reports and the investigative reports that ought to accompany them.  The FBI's goal in this case appears to be purely financial, as the agency appears to claim that it hopes to appropriate a significant portion of funds awarded in my name.

My check to Stanford Medicine is for $2550.39, and if the FBI "loses" my check, as has happened before with a payment to the New York Times in June of 2024, and prior to that with a payment to my home insurance company MPIUA, the agency can follow that with a false assertion that I have somehow "stolen" the funds.

I am going to request that my husband pay Stanford Medicine with his credit card and provide me with a confirmation number.  In that way, perhaps, this bill can be properly resolved.

I simply must state once again that our whole society, and indeed every human interaction, depends on a presumption of trust and goodwill.  

When we go to see a physician, we extend trust and goodwill.  When we send an item through the U.S. Postal Service, we extend trust and goodwill.  When we track an item through the U.S. Postal Service, we extend trust and goodwill.  When we attempt to pay a medical provider, we extend trust and goodwill.

It seems to me that the FBI is now attempting to remove that trust and goodwill from our society as a whole.

The FBI appears to want to dictate our health, our financial status, our mail, our honor, and so much more.

In response, those unconstitutionally "targeted" by the FBI must double-check and triple-check everything they do, leading to enormous friction within both their personal lives and the productive economy.

What happens to a business when it can't pay its bills?  Can it survive?  Not for long.

I will be following up with your Office with further documentation regarding this payment.  But I feel that the apparent diversion of my check in this case is concerning, and I believe that the FBI's apparent claims about the reason for that diversion may be indicative of criminal and predatory intent by the agency.

Please be apprised that I am not in a position to substantiate the FBI's involvement in the possible diversion of this payment.  I regret that I am unable to verify the credibility of this threat, nor to assess the likelihood of its perpetration.

Clearly, if the FBI makes a wrongful claim to the OIG Hotline or the ODNI that I am a "felon" due to non-payment of this medical bill, the concern outlined above will be proven valid.

Let's hope this matter is resolved before that time.

Thank you for allowing me to document these events.

Most respectfully,


Lane MacWilliams





No comments:

Post a Comment