My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Saturday, September 7, 2024

Vice President Harris, Thank You

Vice President Kamala Harris, thank you for standing in defense of my family members at this time.  I do recognize the courage and integrity required to oppose the will of others who might choose a predatory or unethical path.  I am deeply distressed about the revelations of Tom Lyons' and Brandan Pesa's crimes of human trafficking involving my family members, as I believe any loving and concerned family member would be.  The FBI's direct and active engagement in these crimes is appalling, certainly -- among the worst acts the agency has ever committed, without question.

We need more women in positions of authority and leadership to prevent these egregious abuses of power, clearly.

Men as a group, if they feel they are not accountable, will not always make the choice to defend innocent women and children, whereas women are much more inclined to intercede and intervene on behalf of the vulnerable, in my observation.  

Your stance requires courage, and it is a courage I recognize as consonant with my own.

We would never expect that the FBI could be centrally organizing such heinous wrongs, hand-in-hand with organized crime.

I stand opposed to all of the human trafficking from which the FBI is profiting.

And I am grateful to have you standing with me.

My case as a whole requires outreach and discussion at this time, and I hope you will insist on this honorable engagement on an immediate basis.

In appreciation for your presence, as well as that of the OIG Hotline and protective others, at this time,

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment