My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Dr. Bibi Das

OIG Hotline and ODNI investigators, thank you for helping to ensure that Gxxxxx's relationship to Dr. Das is not compromised by the informant and secrecy agreements she has been asked to sign.

Gratefully,

Lane MacWilliams

****************************************************

To: Bibi@drbibi.com

Dr. Das, thank you very much for seeing my son Gxxxxx yesterday.  I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you sometime soon.

I would like to have the opportunity to provide you with some background regarding Gxxxxx's history of pituitary disease, which has almost certainly been a factor in his illness.

It is unlikely that Dr. Wang's notes, or indeed, Stanford's notes, will include this information.  But Gxxxxx's growth hormone and testosterone levels need regular monitoring to ensure that they are not too high or too low.

When his hormones are normal, he may need less medication than someone with his health history on average.

One important detail you should know is that Gxxxxx's doctors have been approached in the past to provide witness statements to third parties.

I would respectfully request that you elect not to do so, as these statements are often falsified after the fact by others, once a physician's signature is appended.

I have requested the assistance of two supervisory Offices in Washington, D.C. should you need their support in extending a refusal.  They may initiate contact with you directly in order to ensure that your care for Gxxxxx remains private, impartial, and free from third party interference.  So, it's best that you not sign informant and secrecy agreements with third parties pertaining to Graham or our family.

Should you need additional support in refusing such overtures by a third party, please report to OIG Hotline investigators through the online portal here:

https://oig.justice.gov/hotline

If your circumstance requires a referral to another Office, OIG Hotline investigators will ensure that it takes place immediately.

Thank you very much for your ethical, impartial, and expert care for Gxxxxx, Dr. Das.

We appreciate it very much,

Lane MacWilliams








No comments:

Post a Comment