My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Request for Injunctive Relief, Part #12, Re: The Seventh Amendment

 OIG Hotline, I have been asked to comment on immunity provisions pertaining to my case, and specifically with a view to the Seventh Amendment to the Constitution, which stipulates that my right to a jury trial in federal civil cases is protected.

I believe that this means that, should discovery by investigators within the OIG Hotline and/or the ODNI reveal new crimes committed against my family members or myself, that our right to legal recourse in such circumstances would be upheld.

It is my understanding that the decision of whether to pursue charges against any and all perpetrators in such a circumstance remains that of the victim or intended victim, and as such is protected by the Constitution quite clearly in the Seventh Amendment.  It is further my understanding that there are no exceptions to this protection.

It must be understood that the lives of my family members and my own are currently under active and ongoing threat.

We have not had the privilege of reviewing my FOIA reports, nor my husband's FOIA reports, nor investigative reports provided by the OIG Hotline or the ODNI.

Given this lack of tangible and verified information, my commentary on this subject remains largely hypothetical at this juncture.

Nonetheless, if the Seventh Amendment has any bearing on my case, I would request that the Constitution be upheld regarding this matter.

I cannot make any conjecture with regard to my own or my family members' view of such a circumstance, as we do not have the facts in our possession.

But do I believe that Americans should retain the rights delineated within the Seventh Amendment in the interests of ensuring that the rule of law is upheld for the honorable citizenry?

I do.

Accordingly, I request that any immunity provisions granted to others who may wish to conceal crimes committed against my family members and/or myself be revoked in the full preservation of the Seventh Amendment.

This request for injunctive relief accompanies my request for the immediate provision of my FOIA reports and the prompt provision of investigative reports, at which time my family members and I can become much better informed with regard to these particular concerns and their implications.

Fundamentally, I feel that, if Constitutional provisions can be withdrawn from my family members and myself without our having had the benefit of examining the facts of our case, then our lives are likely forfeit.

If the FBI can plan to commit first-degree murder against honorable American citizens, for example, and still retain the right of immunity and concealment, then my family will have been deprived not only of the Constitutional rights delineated within the Seventh Amendment, but also of our rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as expressed so compellingly within our nation's founding documents.

And such a loss of fundamental rights implies many things, but most profoundly, the loss of our democracy.

If murderous FBI agents and their affiliates are a protected class to whom America's laws do not apply, and if the honorable citizenry has no means of holding them to account, then we have indeed entered a new era in which Constitutional and statutory protections for the American public no longer endure.

And if this failure of our democracy has indeed transpired, I would simply request that our politicians demonstrate the courage to tell us so.  Explain to the public that the Freedom of Information Act is no longer upheld for those Americans who are targeted by the FBI and its affiliates for any reason.  Delineate for the public that American citizens can be killed if they object to the FBI's purchase, aggregation and dissemination of knowingly false information against the honorable electorate.  Let the public know that they can be shot in their homes, their cars, or their workplaces if they reference the Constitution in the context of a living document outlining the preservation of their inalienable rights.  And tell the public why this has happened without their knowledge, participation or consent.

Because I have spent the last seven years of my life advocating for the rights of the American public to be upheld in all their Constitutional and statutory rigor.

And I have believed all this while that I would be supported in that advocacy by those who value and defend our Constitution within the Congress, within the White House, and within the Supreme Court.

Ultimately, this deliberation asks the question of whether each of us is actually responsible for what we do to help one another or to cause one another harm.

Are FBI agents subject to the rule of law when they harm or plan to harm the honorable citizens of the United States of America?

If we say that they are not, I do not believe we can assume that our individual civil liberties and human rights will be reclaimed at some future time in the course of America's progress.

While the FBI and its affiliates have important missions they must address, gratuitous, cruel and unusual predation toward American citizens is not among them and will never be among them.

Accordingly, I respectfully ask the Supreme Court to think of the sovereignty of future generations of Americans in deciding whether to uphold the Constitution in my case.

Can we say that we have served them with courage, integrity and honor if we now betray the Constitutional provisions that form the fortress of their liberties' defense?

Please stand with me in upholding the Seventh Amendment in this matter, and in so doing, please defend my family members' worthy and precious lives and my own.

Most sincerely,

Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment