My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, August 28, 2022

Why the Number ONE Is Important to Me

Why is it important to me that I have had ONE lifetime intimate partner?

Because it's the TRUTH.

And, despite the prevarications of the FBI, FBI contractors, and FBI affiliates for the purposes of discrediting me as an FBI whistleblower, it remains the TRUTH.

Those with misogynist proclivities may find it amusing to dishonor honorable women.  I will merely observe that I look forward to facing them in a court of law, as the Constitution guarantees that I have the right to do.

It is unfortunate when dishonorable men choose to lie about virtuous women.  

It is doubly unfortunate when those dishonorable men represent members of the far right who have infiltrated the FBI.

Americans expect that federal law enforcement personnel will stand above the rank and file of murderers, slanderers, thieves and scoundrels.

I think that expectation is justified.

And I will say this to the far-right personnel within the FBI and the affiliates they have coerced into slandering my good name: face me and speak your lies to me directly.

Have the courage to acknowledge your crimes against me in an open forum.

And if you lack that common sense, have the fortitude to stand in the public square while I prove you slanderers and defamers of the first degree.

Why is the number ONE important to me?

Because it reflects the WAY I HAVE LIVED MY LIFE, WITH AN HONOR AND A FAITHFULNESS TO THE MAN I AM PRIVILEGED TO CALL MY HUSBAND.

There are no criminals, whether in possession of FBI badges or otherwise, who can separate me from that honor and faithfulness, though they are accountable for the attempt.

So the number ONE is important to me, because it is MINE.  Given that that ownership belongs in the territory of my soul itself, I will not be parted from it.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct, 




Lane MacWilliams







No comments:

Post a Comment