My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, August 16, 2022

What Does a Bribe From the FBI Look Like?

 Friends, a bribe from the FBI can look as innocuous as the following job listing:

The main text of this email is as follows:

Hi Lane,

Capgemini has an opening for a Business Developement Executive -- Media and Entertainingment in their San Francisco, CA location.  We thought you might be interested in this opportunity.  To explore this further you'll find more details and the application instructions on the job details below.

Why do I find this email to be out of the ordinary?

I have no relationship to The Kimble Group.  My LinkedIn account is not active.  And my spam filter should prevent this from reaching my Gmail Inbox.

Further, one of the FBI's known stratagems in implicating "targets" is to extend job interviews to them.  Why would this be the case?

The FBI has lied about "targets of interest" in falsely implicating them of myriad crimes.  The problem arises in the small detail that law-abiding "targets of interest" are not profiting from those falsely alleged crimes.  As a result, the FBI attempts to come up with a remunerative lure through which to allege that "targets" are seeking payoffs or bribes for their purportedly unlawful actions.

Under such circumstances, even to respond to a job listing such as this one could be condemnatory.

Should the FBI be spending the tax dollars of American citizens in trying to create falsified "payoffs" pertaining to crimes that never occurred?

Probably not.

I have a feeling the FBI is cognizant of this, but avoiding accountability for its crimes of falsified law enforcement reporting is paramount in the agency's internal ethos.

This is likely why The Kimble Group suddenly knows my name.

Lane MacWilliams















No comments:

Post a Comment