My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Difference Between the OIG Hotline and the OIG

The OIG Hotline Investigations Division is reported to be staffed by those with high character and integrity, who possess an unyielding commitment to the truth.  That's the reason I have extended my trust to this particular group of people, and only to them, in communicating about my concerns regarding the FBI's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting for anti-democratic objectives.  That's the reason I have extended my permissions to this particular group of people, and only to them, in speaking to my physicians and attorneys, and others in my and my family's acquaintance,  in the interests of furthering their active investigation.

The larger OIG, in contrast to the OIG Hotline, is reported to be a divided office, with certain employees having been corrupted by far-right interests, including those within segments of the FBI.

What happens if individuals controlled by corrupt members of the FBI become responsible for investigating malfeasance within the FBI?

Bad things, certainly.

One might anticipate that, should such corruption hold sway, whistleblowers might be discredited and the truth might be suppressed.

I don't want that to happen, which is why my husband and I wrote to IG Michael E. Horowitz today to make clear to him that only the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline has our permission to conduct an investigation into the concerns I have raised.  No one else.

I include that letter below, along with its text transcribed for ease of reading.

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************


August 10, 2022

Dear Inspector General Horowitz:

Please find attached a letter from the Office of the Inspector General dated April 13, 2022.

In this letter, the OIG's Investigations Division states, "The matters you raised are outside our investigative jurisdiction, therefore no action can be taken by our Office ... Please be advised that this is the only correspondence you will receive from our Office regarding this matter."

Mr. Horowitz, it is noteworthy that I have been corresponding with the OIG Hotline Investigations Division, which is separate and distinct from the OIG Investigations Division -- something I'm certain not many members of the American public know.

I have had no dialogue with the OIG's Investigations Division, and I do not intend to initiate one.

My correspondence is directed to the OIG Hotline's Investigations Division and to that division only.

No one outside of the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline has my permission to undertake any investigative efforts whatsoever regarding the matters of concern to me.

No one outside of the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline has my permission to speak to my friends, my family members, my colleagues, my physicians, my attorneys, my neighbors, my acquaintances, my husband's friends, my husband's family members, my husband's colleagues, my husband's physicians, my husband's attorneys, my husband's neighbors, my husband's acquaintances, etc.

I could continue, but perhaps it is possible to see a pattern emerging here.

I assert my claim to privacy and confidentiality in specifying that only the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline has my permission to contact anyone in my acquaintance with regard to the matters raised within my correspondence to the OIG Hotline.

Further, my husband asserts his claim to privacy and confidentiality in specifying that only the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline has my husband's permission to contact anyone in his acquaintance with regard to matters raised within my correspondence to the OIG Hotline.

Anyone outside of the Investigations Division of the OIG Hotline who contacts our acquaintances will be regarded as violating our privacy and will be held wholly and separately liable under the law.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Thank you for your cooperation in upholding our rights as we have asserted them within this communication, and as they are articulated within the U.S. Constitution.

Sincerely,

Lane and Ken MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************



April 13, 2022

Dear Mr. MacWilliams:

Thank you for your recent correspondence.  The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General, investigates allegations of misconduct by employees and contractors of DOJ, as well as waste, fraud and abuse affecting DOJ programs or operations.

The matters you raised are outside our investigative jurisdiction, therefore no action can be taken by our Office.  You may wish to consult the following web page for information on where to submit certain complaints that do not fall within the DOJ OIG's investigative authority: https://oig.justice.gov/hotline/non_doj_complaints.

Please be advised that this is the only correspondence you will receive from our Office regarding this matter.  Of course, if you obtain new information that involves other allegations or issues regarding DOJ employees, contractors, programs or operations, please feel free to submit that information to us.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review your concerns.

Sincerely,
Office of the Inspector General
Investigations Division

***********************************************************************************

The above material was faxed to IG Micheal E. Horowitz this morning.  The confirmation of this transmission will be posted here.

A scan of the documents pertaining to this communication was sent today to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline of the U.S. Department of Justice in care of the OIP as part of an email regarding the following: Communications with IG Michael E. Horowitz.  This email, with one attachment of nine pages, was sent to the OIG Hotline from lanemacwilliams@gmail.com at 12: 45 p.m. Pacific time on August 10, 2022, with copies forwarded to lanemacwilliams@gmail.com and lmacwilliams77419@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment