My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Thank You

Thank you to President Biden, to the Honorable Avril Haines, Director of National Intelligence, and to the Office of the Inspector General Hotline for your ongoing efforts to defend the safety of my family at this time.

We would not have made it thus far without your protective efforts on our behalf.

In addition, I would like to express that I am aware that there are those within the FBI who stand against the "insider threat" currently represented by this agency to law-abiding Americans.

The Constitution must stand for the rights of all Americans, or it stands for none.

The engagement of segments of the FBI in knowingly falsified law enforcement reporting against law-abiding Americans represents indefensible criminal conduct on the part of those who have promised to uphold the Constitution in all circumstances.

The remedy for such an attack on the fundamentals of federal and local law enforcement in our country is none other than the truth.

Your determination to protect my family from slander and defamation, from privacy violations, and from myriad other Constitutional breaches, in truth, represents the necessity of shielding all Americans from the  prospect of the loss of their foundational civil liberties as citizens of the United States.

We remain deeply grateful for your efforts.





Lane MacWilliams





No comments:

Post a Comment