My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Security Precaution

 August 2, 2022

To the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, U.S. DOJ and the Honorable Avril Haines, ODNI:

This is to convey that I have received multiple specific threats recently pertaining to an assailant coming to my door in the guise of a federal investigator.

Concerningly, I have reason to believe that this threat is credible.

Should an investigator from the Office of the Inspector General Hotline wish to speak to me at any time, please allow me advance notice so that I am able to safely verify his or her identity.

Thank you very much for extending this consideration under these challenging circumstances.

Again, I remain deeply grateful to OIG Hotline investigators, along with Director Haines and President Biden, for your determined commitment to this investigation.

Please let me know how I can assist.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment