My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Update: Jury Duty for Ken MacWilliams

August 31, 2022

Update:  Prior to my husband's reporting for jury duty yesterday, I posted here, in addition to delineating the specific threats to his safety I had recently received.

Subsequent to that documentation, I find it interesting that my husband was never called from the jury pool.  Instead, he waited in a large room with several hundred people all afternoon, while hundreds of potential jurors were called from among those surrounding him.  The room was emptied and filled multiple times.  Yet, my husband simply waited.

At the end of the day, he was told that his jury service was complete for the year.

Does it matter that I had received a specific threat that he would be assailed by a "Chinese woman" with "a cane" that had been equipped in some manner by the FBI, and that he waited all afternoon in a large room with a Chinese woman with a cane?  Does it matter that she, too, was never called as a potential juror?

There is no way for me to assess this threat.

My husband is currently safe, and I count myself grateful.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************

August 30, 2022

My husband Ken MacWilliams is reporting for jury duty today in San Mateo County.

Given that I stand as a whistleblower for falsified law enforcement reporting within the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office, I am concerned for his safety.

Do the myriad threats I have received pertaining to court tampering and jury tampering relate to my husband's impending jury service?

Is his safety at risk merely by being in the vicinity of so many San Mateo County law enforcement personnel?

I will post updates on this circumstance here.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment