My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, August 29, 2022

Today's Most Repeated Threat to the MacWilliams Family

Of concern, the most repeated threat I have received today focuses on a shooting or knife assault of Duncan MacWilliams perpetrated by FBI affiliates.

Whether such an assault is intended to appear as "street crime," I do not know.

However, my son lives in an exceptionally safe area of San Francisco.

The most alarming revelation I have had in my long quest for materials responsive to my FOIA request is that there are certain corrupt divisions within the FBI which appear to be focused on harming law-abiding American citizens who are viewed as standing in opposition to the totalitarian take-over of our democracy by the three-letter agencies.

That's a terrifying truth most Americans have not yet grasped.

But that truth is the reason why the Freedom of Information Act is so critically important to the life of our democracy.  When upheld, it ensures that the three-letter agencies are not keeping secrets from the American people -- autocratic secrets, despotic secrets, falsified-law-enforcement-reporting-against-law-abiding-Americans type of secrets.

But let's turn back to my son for the moment.  Should his health, his career, his relationships, his family, his very life be threatened by the FBI because I have filed a FOIA request the response to which will prove FBI crimes of falsified law enforcement reporting against law-abiding American citizens?

Friends, I don't think so.

I think FBI Director Christopher Wray is capable of standing by while the ODNI fulfills my FOIA request without ordering that violence be perpetrated against my son, who is without blame, or any other of my family members, who are all without blame.

This is not the time for my son to be experiencing any harms whatsoever.  

If he should encounter any predations of any kind, I will be publicizing Christopher Wray's likely culpability until the end of time.  If any of my family members experiences harms, I will be speaking about the threats I received in advance concerning Christopher Wray's involvement.  I give him my solemn promise in this regard.

So, I hope he's prepared for that.

Because I take my promises seriously.

Rather than cause harm to my family members, Christopher Wray should publicly account for his agency's actions toward the law-abiding American citizenry.

That's what leaders do.

They accept responsibility.

They refuse to engage in coverups.

And they protect witnesses, rather than attempting to intimidate and harm them.

If Mr. Wray needs a reminder of what leadership looks like, he should turn toward the White House and contemplate the exemplary leadership of President Joseph R. Biden, who stands as a beacon for those who love democracy the world over.

There are others in President Biden's administration who are capable of reminding him, I'm sure.

Mr. Wray probably doesn't wish to be known by the American public as the man who failed to protect my family.

There are better ways to be acknowledged by history.  

Let's hope he can be persuaded of the abiding virtues of the rule of law in this matter.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment