My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, August 19, 2022

An Open Letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray, August 19, 2022, Regarding Duncan MacWilliams and Mary Grinnell

August 19, 2022

To FBI Director Christopher Wray:

My stalker, whom I am given to understand you know personally, has informed me that you intend to attack my son, Duncan MacWilliams, and his girlfriend, Mary Grinnell with DEWs, HAARP, and worse in the near future.

He states that, since these two individuals have told the truth in the course of an investigation by the Office of the Inspector General Hotline regarding the FBI's coercion of falsified witness statements from them through threats and physical attack, the FBI, at your direction, has placed them onto its "target of interest" list and is now engaging in falsified law enforcement reporting pertaining to them directly.

It is my understanding that whatever lies the FBI has coerced from Duncan MacWilliams' and Mary Grinnell's associates, these falsehoods are being utilized by you, as Director of the FBI, to justify your plans of harming these two healthy, young individuals who are entirely law-abiding.

I am informed by my stalker that you, as FBI Director, are upset that your agency's crimes of falsified law enforcement reporting against my family are coming to light -- so much so, that it is your intention to retaliate by harming these two innocents.

Sir, I do not believe that your commission of further human atrocities will ameliorate your personal or professional predicament.

Let's recall that when you became FBI Director under former President Trump, you took a vow to uphold the Constitution in all circumstances.

That means that, when you discover that far-right infiltration of your agency has led to egregious criminal predation by a portion of your personnel against the law-abiding American public, you immediately halt those crimes and insist on full transparency and accountability.

That's called leadership.  And if you're not capable of delivering that leadership to your agency's staff in service of the American people, you need to step down.

Mr. Wray, let's allow the Office of the Inspector General Hotline to conduct a thorough and complete job of fact-finding with regard to the actions of your staff as it pertains to falsified law-enforcement reporting and other harassment and harms in this case.  And let's not compound your malfeasance through any false accusations of wrongdoing toward my son, Duncan MacWilliams, or his girlfriend, Mary Grinnell, shall we?

I daresay these two have demonstrated more courage than you have encountered in many years.

Their superior character should not render them "targets of interest" for your agency or its affiliates.

Their bravery should not render them a focus of Russian-affiliated organized crime, which has apparently corrupted substantive parts of the FBI itself.

Sir, I don't expect you to like the illumination of your staff's engagement in falsified law enforcement reporting against law-abiding American citizens, given that these crimes implicate you yourself in astonishing ways.

But I do expect you to understand that that illumination will occur, with or without your approval.

So, I would respectfully suggest to you that any plans to cause harm to Duncan MacWilliams or Mary Grinnell are ill-conceived and should be immediately withdrawn.

With this notification, sir, you may rightly consider that you are wholly and separately liable to me and to the Grinnell family for their well-being.

I will hold you to that responsibility to the fullest extent of the law.

Sir, you have never heard a more profound and earth-shaking promise.

As a mother, as a writer, as a law-abiding American citizen who will never forsake the path toward full transparency and accountability of your agency to the American people, hear me well.

Sincerely,





Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment