My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, August 1, 2022

When Surgeons Lie

What are some of the problems that arise when surgeons lie about their conduct?

I will simply observe that, while the surgeon who appeared to cause intentional harm to me seriously injured my eye, many people require surgery in circumstances that place their lives on the line.

What happens when the physicians we trust to "do no harm," violate their oaths?

What happens when they violate their oaths under instruction from a malevolent third party?

What happens when they accept pay for this type of predation?

My understanding from his close colleague is that my surgeon, Dr. L, never caused Corynebacterium bovis infection in any other patient.  Nor did he cause incomplete eyelid closure by removing too much of the eyelid in any other patient.  Nor did he cause A-frame deformity in any other patient.

I must observe that Dr. L is a highly skilled surgeon.  His surgery on my right eye attests to his acumen and talent, when he is practicing medicine in the manner he has promised to do.

Dr. L's surgery on my left eye, however, constituted first-degree assault.

It was a violent experience, which he appeared to enjoy.

The results (See documentation below.):

Left-sided A-frame deformity (a mistake occasionally made by novice and aggressive surgeons, neither of which describe Dr. L)

Left-sided lagophthalmos (my left eyelid is no longer able to fully close, which due to lack of lubrication, has caused significant ocular surface disease)

Left-sided infection with Corynebacterium bovis ( This is a non-human pathogen which is an exceedingly rare cause of human ocular infection.  There are perhaps only fifty cases documented worldwide.)

After surgery, Dr. L falsely alleged to other physicians that my eyelid had myriad problems prior to his "work," a blatant lie.

He is reported to have altered my in-office photographs and medical records to support this falsehood.

He is reported to have allowed the FBI to record a phone conversation with his partner, Dr. P., in which I was upset about the apparently intentional nature of the injury.  And the FBI and affiliates are reported to have played edited segments of this recording over and over for others, in an attempt to cast me as "unbalanced," or "aggressive."

People, I don't think surgeons should be intentionally harming patients.

When it happens, I think they should lose their medical licenses.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think the Hippocratic oath is sacred and should be upheld at all times.

Beyond these crimes, Dr. L is purported to have contributed to a knowingly falsified Sheriff's Office report, San Mateo County Case Report #19-11840, at the express direction of the FBI and for compensation from Infragard.

My Freedom of Information Act request has not yet been fulfilled, so I do not yet have proof that this crime occurred.

But I deserve that proof, friends.  Without redaction.  Without omission.  Without question.  Without delay.  

I deserve that proof.

Having it in hand, it will be possible to ask about all the law-abiding Americans who may have been more seriously harmed in medical settings at the direction of lawless segments of the FBI.

My guess is that all Americans will want to know what crimes the FBI may have perpetrated in medical settings by utilizing false claims of "national security interests."

The answer matters to everyone.  That's why is matters to me.

                     


No comments:

Post a Comment