My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Conversation That Never Took Place: Recorded Dialogue as Disinformation Created by the FBI and Affiliates

August 2, 2022

To the Office of the Inspector General Hotline, U.S. DOJ:

My stalker has alleged that the FBI is currently distributing a falsified audiotape representing a conversation with my younger son which never took place.

I have been informed that the FBI spliced together my son's and my voices from two or more separate conversations to make it appear as though he were swearing at me as his mother, and to allege that I was laughing in response.

This conversation never happened.

It represents entirely falsified material, if in fact it exists.

I must observe that, if in fact the FBI is utilizing this technique to malign the character of "targets of interest," this represents an alarming phenomenon.

Certainly, AI-generated films co-opting the likeness of "targets" in depicting crimes that never occurred represent yet more egregious malfeasance on the part of the FBI and its affiliates.

But falsified audio tape can, without question, mischaracterize "targets of interest" as "threats" of some sort when in truth they may be entirely peaceable and law-abiding.  Correspondingly, their families may be entirely loving and supportive, despite extraordinary pressures applied by the FBI.

Of concern to all Americans, it appears that segments of the FBI are specializing in the creation and dissemination of disinformation regarding those the agency has identified as its "political opponents."  I remain deeply concerned by the suggestion that Democrats and journalists are over-represented on the agency's "target of interest" list due to far-right infiltration among its ranks.

Thank you for allowing me to document this information with your Office.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams



No comments:

Post a Comment