My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Phone Call From Dr. Ian Kroes' Office

August 17, 2022

OIG Hotline, at 12:54 p.m. today, I received a call to my home line xxx-xxx-1081 from an unidentified staff member in Dr. Ian Kroes' office, with the caller ID showing as 650-800-3365.  The voicemail left by this caller referenced "questions," apparently pertaining to my privacy and confidentiality rights.  

My husband returned this call on my behalf from xxx-xxx-1025 at approximately 11:15 p.m. with the following content:

"This is Ken MacWilliams.  Someone from your office left a voicemail for my wife, Lane MacWilliams.  Please reach out to her via email at lanemacwilliams@gmail.com with any questions you may have.  Thank you very much."

Both my husband and I considered it unusual that, on hanging up the phone, he received an immediate callback on xxx-xxx-1025, which he did not pick up.

Both the original voicemail from Dr. Kroes' staff member and my husband's voicemail have been recorded by digital audio recording and can be made available upon request.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct,




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment