My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, April 17, 2023

UPDATE: Air Travel of MacWilliams Family Members and Friends

UPDATE:  Please see below.

************************************************************************************

OIG Hotline, this is to document that my husband and younger son, together with my son's longtime girlfriend, will travel from SFO to KOA (Kona, Hawaii) on Saturday, April 22 on United Airlines flight 1721, returning on April 29 on United Airlines flight 643 from KOA to SFO.  A longtime friend of my husband's, Tim Michalka, will travel from Denver to Kona on these same dates in order to take part in this trip.

Because my family members' air travel is always accompanied by threats which state that the Air Force now possesses the capacity to co-opt the autopilot functions of civilian aircraft, and which further imply that my stance as a whistleblower of FBI malfeasance endangers my loved ones' air travel security, I believe this documentation to be prudent at this time.

Most sincerely,




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

UPDATE:  OIG Hotline, please be informed that I am receiving renewed threats that my younger son has been co-opted by his FBI handler into a plan of harm toward a third party -- whether my husband, myself, or another person, I do not know.

It appears as though my younger son has experienced physical harm perpetrated by FBI affiliates -- which is to say, he has experienced torture directed by the FBI, manifested through various means.

In response to this harm, he appears to have repeatedly signed his name to falsified witness statements provided to his FBI handler on demand.

No doubt it is impossible for him to perceive the ways in which these lies might be used to harm his family members and other innocents.

I have attempted to make clear to him that FBI personnel are accustomed to coercing crimes from informants, only to later utilize those very acts as a basis for prosecution.

I have serious concerns about my husband's upcoming trip to Hawaii, not least because all of the people he is traveling with -- Duncan MacWilliams, Mary Grinnell, and Tim Michalka -- are alleged to have provided falsified witness statements to the FBI under duress and for compensation in the past.

My husband is a man of good faith, which is to say, he cannot easily perceive the system of corruption currently being employed by the FBI in violation of the civil liberties and human rights of law-abiding "targets of interest."

As a result, he is particularly vulnerable to the lies of the far right, and, in my absence, completely undefended against their predations.

My husband initiated this trip to Hawaii.  He arranged for everyone's airline tickets.  He purchased their hotel accommodations.  He no doubt will provide for their excursions and their meals while on travel.

How tragic that those traveling with him are almost certain to be coerced into lying about him.

He is, by far, the most ethically developed of any of the four travelers in question.  He is, by far, the most generous.  He is, by far, the most kind.

What would his response be if the circumstances were reversed?  What would he say to an FBI handler who asked him to report on his son or his friend?  In polite terms, he would tell corrupt FBI personnel to take a flying leap.

My husband is not likely to be filing affidavits from Hawaii concerning his daily conversations.  Duncan MacWilliams, Mary Grinnell, and Tim Michalka are.

One sufficiently harmful denunciation could trigger tangible and irreversible harms toward my family members and friends.

It is difficult for me to contextualize threats to my husband's life which include a physical attack with a poison-tipped cane or umbrella, a deadly poisoning with a radioactive substance, or a carbon monoxide/cyanide poisoning within his hotel room.  All of these scenarios sound not only highly unlikely to me  -- they sound unmoored from all reason, ethics, lawfulness, and conscience.

But I must observe that the lies being extended by far right factions of the FBI against law-abiding American citizens also appear, at first glance, highly unlikely.  Yet, I believe they are occurring.

When I receive a threat that someone has been offered one million dollars to slap my husband across the face, only to later accuse him of assault -- it is difficult to know how to document the information in a manner that will be most effective at preventing such a scheme.  Would someone be foolish enough to undertake such aggression at the direction of the FBI?  Who knows?

What has become apparent to me is that far right segments of the FBI are working closely with affiliates, contractors and informants to perpetrate atrocities against the law-abiding American public.  They appear to be doing so for totalitarian political objectives.  The "Target of Interest" program, the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting Initiative, the Phoenix Program, and the Signature Reduction Program all appear to overlap in their unwarranted identification, unjustified surveillance, and indefensible harm toward law-abiding American citizens.

So far, no one appears to have called the FBI's bluff.

The fact that I have done so has placed my family members in tangible peril.

No whistleblower of corrupt FBI personnel should be placed in such a position.

As a result, I would ask that someone from the OIG Hotline reach out to Duncan MacWilliams, Mary Grinnell, and Tim Michalka regularly to obtain copies of their witness statements during this upcoming trip.  If Duncan MacWilliams has, in fact, been co-opted in a plan of physical harm, as has been again alleged today, please ascertain what that plan is so that it can be immediately halted.

I have often said to my family members, in referring to FBI corruption, "the only way out is through" -- meaning that the only way to unmake institutional systems of harm is to expose them publicly.

This should be an urgent priority, in my opinion, given that the FBI and its affiliates will strive mightily to hold onto the billions in yearly budget appropriations currently flowing to these compromised programs.  They will do so by continuing unlawful efforts to discredit, implicate and harm my family.  

There is a need to publicly illuminate the crimes of the far right before any further harm can occur.

Thank you for every effort on your part to intervene on our behalf.  We surely would not have survived to this point without the protection and shielding that has transpired outside of our view.

I can only express that this journey is invested with meaning due to its potential of protecting other Americans alongside us, and, most urgently, our democracy as a whole.

I maintain my hope that these goals will be realized, partly as the result of our fierce insistence on them.

In this shared commitment, you have my profound gratitude,




Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

The FBI is a deeply divided agency.  There are many FBI employees who view their vows to the Constitution with the utmost seriousness and honor, and who strive to defend the fundamentals of our democracy with courage, fortitude and commitment.  The fact that some segments of the FBI appear to have embraced a lawless course is not a justification to assail the FBI in general.  As President Joseph R. Biden has so rightly expressed, violence is never justified in any circumstance.  The rule of law must always be honored and upheld.  It is our shared determination to preserve the civil liberties and human rights of all Americans that renders the United States a democracy.  We must never abandon this promise. All of our most cherished freedoms depend upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment