My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, April 24, 2023

Email to Weatherly Dorris

 Email to: quisset@meganet.net.  From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: April 24, 2023 at 12:45 PM

Re: Addressing the FBI's Threat of Mooring Sabotage

Weatherly, you are an honorable person.  That's part of your character, and I have always appreciated that about you.

The difficulty I am facing right now relates to my attempt to stand up to corrupt factions of the FBI.  Far right FBI personnel are functioning in ways that are indistinguishable from organized crime in this circumstance, sadly, which is to say they are threatening everyone I know.

Under these unusual circumstances, and given the specific threats I have received pertaining to your servicing of the mooring at the direction of FBI personnel, I would ask that you and your staff hold off from servicing or commissioning my mooring until I give you my express written permission.

In the meantime, please sign and notarize (through a same-page Jurat stamp most notaries have) the simple statement below.  You will be asked by the notary to "solemnly swear" that you are attesting truthfully in this statement, and you should ensure that all notary documentation regarding your name and address are precise and correct -- no misspellings or omissions.  I'm happy to pay you $100 for your time in having this done.

Thank you very much,

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

I, Weatherly Dorris, hereby certify under pain and penalty of perjury that I have had no contact from any FBI personnel or affiliates regarding Lane MacWilliams, her family members, and/or the servicing of Lane MacWilliams' mooring in Gansett Harbor, Woods Hole, MA.

Weatherly Dorris


_________________________________        ___________________________

Signature                                                           Date


Notary Jurat Stamp Required

************************************************************************************










No comments:

Post a Comment