My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, April 24, 2023

Restricted Access: OIG Hotline Investigators Only

 This content is intended for OIG Hotline investigators only.

All others are asked to exit this post at this time.

Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************

OIG Hotline investigators, please be informed that my husband was just notified in Hawaii that an unknown third party utilized our Xfinity ID and password to access our residential cable account.

Our sign-in information has not been shared with anyone with our knowledge or consent, and an illicit sign-in would be due to compromise of our sign-in information perpetrated through computer and cell phone hacks of our personal electronic devices.

This is the notification he received:


My husband has changed the password on our Xfinity account, and, perhaps more significantly, has added two-factor authentication to sign-in procedures.

Thank you for allowing us to document this concern regarding online identity impersonation.

I hereby certify that the foregoing is true and correct.

Most sincerely,


Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment