My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Thursday, April 6, 2023

Complaint to Cal Water

OIG Hotline investigators, as my Wifi access was blocked for the majority of the day today, I just submitted this complaint to Cal Water.


The text of the actual complaint is as follows:

Cal Water Management:

It is my understanding that your company has perpetrated serious harms to my water account at the direction of FBI personnel.

I ask that you preserve all communications between FBI personnel and Cal Water employees regarding this matter, so that this material can be conveyed to OIG Hotline investigators.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter, which is of deep concern to many,
Lane MacWilliams

************************************

Given the seriousness of the alleged crimes involved, there isn't much more that one can say.  

The appropriate focus is that of evidence gathering.

And in the cause of our democracy, I would ask that OIG Hotline investigators please pursue Cal Water management and employees to the ends of the earth to ascertain the full extent of their actions in this case.

The idea that any FBI personnel could be involved in these calculated and lethal predations is no less than horrifying for all of us who love this country.

If totalitarians among the far right ranks of the FBI prefer autocracy to democracy, I will buy them a one-way ticket to any dictatorship they care to name.

Perhaps Cal Water can practice the cyrillic alphabet to help support its business in Russia -- or begin learning Mandarin characters so that China will look favorably on them.  They'll fit right in.

As for those of us who support the Constitution of the United States, we are clearly needed here.

Most sincerely,



Lane MacWilliams








No comments:

Post a Comment