My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Sunday, April 2, 2023

Has the California Public Utilities Commission Been Corrupted? Why Won't It Assign Proper Complaint Numbers?

OIG Hotline investigators, please see two emails below, both of which address the CPUC's failure to assign proper Complaint Numbers to my two complaints submitted on March 23, 2023.

The willful delay of the CPUC in opening valid complaints against PG&E and CableCom, despite confirmation of their receipt of materials, has certainly placed my safety and that of my family at risk.

The corruption of the CPUC by the utilities it claims to regulate or, more likely, by the FBI/Infragard, should be assessed in the interests of public safety, in my opinion.

I hereby certify that this information is true and correct.




Lane MacWilliams

*******************************************************************************

Email sent to: kara.smith@cpuc.ca.gov, consumer-affairs@cpuc.ca.gov. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: April 2, 2023 at 8:50 AM

Re:  CPUC/CAB Complaint #587934

Dear Ms. Smith and CAB, I must point out to you that the letter you have attached confirming my complaint against PG&E is, for some unexplained reason, addressed to my husband.

All of the materials faxed and emailed to the Consumer Affairs Branch of the CPUC regarding my two complaints, one against PG&E and one against CableCom, originate with me.  My husband's name is not mentioned within these documents to my knowledge.

Your email and phone call to me both address me properly.  Your March 22 letter requesting further information addresses me properly.  My name was placed on my family's PG&EE account on three separate occasions.

Yet, the Complaint you reference against PG&E, associated with File 587934, is listed under the wrong name.

This is improper.

The error raises several questions about the integrity of the CPUC, unfortunately, as it appears that the only manner in which the misattribution of the complaint could have been made is with the collaboration of PG&E or a third party advocating for PG&E.

I have several questions for the CPUC at this time.  They follow here.

  1.  Is File 587934 an actual complaint number?  If not, why not?
  2. Is CPUC willing to immediately attribute my complaint to me under my own name, Lane MacWilliams?
  3. Is CPUC willing to immediately supply complaint numbers for both PG&E and CableCom, as I have requested on multiple occasions?
  4. Has CPUC engaged in third-party communication regarding my two complaints?
  5. Has that third-party communication been designed to invalidate or erased my complaints from CPUC's record by knowingly misattributing the originator of the complaint?
  6. Has that third-party communication involved discussions with PG&E?  How about CableCom?  How about individuals who work directly for the FBI?
  7. Does the California Public Utilities Commission have the intention of fulfilling its mandate to protect California consumers from the misuse of power as exercised through California public utilities such as PG&E?
  8. Does that intention require the character, integrity and good faith of thee entire staff of the California Public Utilities Commission?
  9. Does now seem like an appropriate time to bring that character, integrity, and good faith to bear?
Given that my safety and that of my family are currently under threat by PG&E, I would very much appreciate your immediate answers to the questions above.

If the CPUC has been corrupted by the very public utilities it claims to regulate, or by third-party advocates of criminal action perpetrated by those utilities, I believe Californians ought to be apprised.

Thank you for your prompt engagement with this issue.

Lane MacWilliams





***********************************************************************************

Email sent to: kara.smith@cpuc.ca.gov, consumer-affairs@cpuc.ca.gov. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date:  April 2, 2023 at 2:17 AM

Re:  CPUC/CAB Complaint Pertaining to CableCom

CPUC, I have not been provided with a separate complaint number for CableCom.  Please immediately supply me with this information.

I have conveyed to the CPUC that this is a safety issue.  Therefore, my CableCom complaint falls under your auspices according to California Public Utilities Code Section 768.5.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Lane MacWilliams


No comments:

Post a Comment