My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Friday, April 28, 2023

Coal Creek Open Space Preserve: A Deployment to the Forest

1.  You have received renewed threats of Navy Seal deployment, with specifics that claim this Special Forces group is camping in the woods in the Coal Creek Open Space Preserve.with sorties to your residence at night.

Answer:  I have.

2.  How much credibility do you extend to these threats?

Answer:  The odds that this threat reflects reality are above 30%, in my opinion, which is much higher than they should be.  Some of the specifics relating to this set of threats probably push the potential risks a bit higher.  The camping location, the threats of arson affiliated with Navy Seals' coordination with the Hot Shots -- these details are quite particular, so the index of concern begins to rise.

3.  Is it true that a Special Forces deployment to the "woods" can be better disguised as a training exercise should there be inquiries about the location of Navy Seal teams or Hot Shots teams?

Answer:  I'm sure that's true.

4.  The Coal Creek Open Space Preserve is fairly close to your home, is that right?

Answer:  It is, yes.

5.  Is the distance walkable within wooded areas?

Answer:  Easily, yes.  The terrain is sloped, but the distance is only 1/4 mile.

6.  Have you had evidence of trespass at night?

Answer:  Yes.  There are small signs of physical evidence.  But more than this, my two Abyssinian cats wake me at night when they think there are trespassers.  They don't bark, but they're protective and territorial in the way that dogs are.

7.  And have they been waking you in order to alert you to trespassers?

Answer:  They have.  Nightly.

8.  You believe that your cats are attuned to movements humans cannot hear.

Answer:  I know they are.

9.  If this alleged deployment is true, who is responsible for it?  Who ordered it?

Answer:  I will simply say that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs appears to have an interest in the continuation of the Signature Reduction Program.

10.  Are those responsible capable of being reined in?

Answer:  If anyone is capable of it of reining in this group, it's President Biden.

11.  You have faith in our Commander-in-Chief.

Answer:  Abundant faith.  President Biden possesses the wisdom, the judgment, the force of will and the insistence to bring them to heel.  I have every confidence in him.

12.  Some Republicans have recently publicly withdrawn their support for the Constitution.  What are your thoughts about this development?

Answer:  The Constitution of the United States stipulates civilian control of the military in the form of our duly elected Commander-in-Chief.  We need the guidance within this document as much as we ever have in the history of our nation.  The Constitution is still the Rosetta Stone of our democracy.

13.  There are a few individuals within the U.S. military who may benefit from re-familiarizing themselves with its contents.

Answer:  Well said.

14.  Do you hereby certify the the foregoing is true and correct?

Answer:  I do.




Lane MacWilliams

No comments:

Post a Comment