My Third Novel's Conclusion, My Heartbreak

My heart begins to break when I think about completing this particular book -- because this narrative has sustained me like no other story I've known. It's both more personal and more universal than my other works. But beyond memory and archetype, it's a cri-de-coeur about needing to become the person one is destined to be. And in the writing, I have met my own life's work, my own fated journey -- having the sense all the while that the pages are suffused with a resonance, an energy, an electrified field that defies explanation. Writers hope and pray to be overtaken by a work in this way -- to be conscripted into passionate service of a profound story. To experience it even once in a lifetime seems a great privilege. I still have several months before this novel is complete, and this constitutes my reprieve. Because I'm not ready for the beauty to end.




Monday, April 17, 2023

The Fate of a Mooring, Redux

 Email sent to: quissett@meganet.net.  From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: April 17, 2023 at 

Re:  Addressing the FBI's Threat of Mooring Sabotage

Weatherly, thank you for your follow up.

I'm in receipt of repeated threats from FBI affiliates that my mooring has somehow been sabotaged, with the apparent intention of depriving me of my spot within Gansett.

One always hopes that these threats are spurious, but I have learned not to underestimate corrupt factions of the FBI.  They seem highly predatory to be sure.

It is alleged that the Harbor Master is signatory to Infragard, unfortunately.

If this corruption is, in fact, present, then any problem with my mooring could lead to mooring cancellation.

I would think that payoffs of a public official, if they are in fact occurring through Infragard or by other means, represent a substantive conflict of interest for the Harbor Master.

Of greater concern, in a larger context, they represent a substantive peril for our democracy.

I would like to have a second set of eyes take a look at the mooring tackle prior to your commissioning thee mooring in May for the purpose of thoroughly inspecting it for any damage or alterations.  Where can I send someone to examine all the equipment?

It would be a further help if you would send me  photos of thee mooring tackle, so I can ensure its integrity.  I'll ask a second inspector to do the same, so this will built in some extra insurance.

Thank you for getting back to me right away regarding this concern.

Lane MacWilliams

*************************************************************************************

Email sent to : paula.cushman@falmouthma.gov. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com Date: April 17, 2023 at 6:47 PM

Re: Addressing the FBI's Threats of Mooring Citation and Cancellation

Paula, I wanted to touch base with you to let you know that I am in receipt once again this year of repeat threats o mooring cancellation.

It is alleged that Weatherly is coming under substantive pressure to allow sabotage of the mooring tackle and chain, and that Craig has been apprised of this plan.

It has further been suggested that the Harbor Master's Office will be instructed to cite my mooring, and then to cancel it, due to safety concerns vis a vis loose tackle, drifting chain, etc.

I gather that corrupt FBI personnel are quite threatening -- and that they extend substantive payoffs as well.  So, I understand that they can be hard to rebuff.

I think it's just important for everyone to realize that far right segments of the FBI often harass people into committing crimes, and then, when those crimes are discovered, happily prosecute them.

So, please inform everyone in the Harbor Master's Office that this is the nature of their "game" in preying upon law-abiding American citizens.

Be exceedingly careful to follow the law at all times.  If you become aware of a plan of sabotage of my mooring, please do the right thing by informing me before that harm occurs.

Thank you for your support in this matter, Paula.

I appreciate your watchful intervention on my behalf,

Lane MacWilliams

***********************************************************************************


********************************************************************************

Email sent to: Patti@parkersboatyard.com. From: lanemacwilliams@gmail.com. Date: April 17, 2023 at 8:14 PM

Re:  Check for Anodyne's April Storage

Patti, I see that my $300 check for Anodyne's April storage was received by you today.

I do realize that you have communicated that I have a credit with Parker's  -- always good news.

But in the absence of monthly invoices, which I have not been receiving from you lately, I feel best in sending you Anodyne's monthly storage fee.

Many thanks,
Lane MacWilliams

************************************************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment